- Beginnings - Demon Slayer Au -

Credit to the artist! Kkumri on Instagram

The first chapter of Demon Slayer! Demon Slayer by Koyoharu Gotouge

Spoiler Warning for Demon Slayer?? Kind of?

- Warning - Blood and death -

Natsu is going to be Nezuko but the art inspired me! I didn't really know who to make Shoyo's other siblings so I just got some random names my apologies. This isn't really a ship oneshot I'm basically experimenting, sorry! Hope you enjoy it still :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The snow underfoot crunched loudly as Shoyo's moved quickly, the weight on his back heavy as he cried.

"Natsu! Please don't die, don't die!" Shoyo pleaded as he carried on heading through the blizzard. "You can't die! I'm going to save you!"

His tears flowed down his face. Droplets of blood and footprints followed behind the staggering figure.

"Your big brother is definitely going to save you! So hold on Natsu please..."

Chapter 1: Cruelty

 "Shoyo!" His mother called. "You've got charcoal smudges all on your face. Come here."

Beckoning her son over she kneeled onto the floor. Running over he adjusted the basket of charcoal on his back.

"You don't have to go to the market. Its snowing and its dangerous!" The mother worried as she wiped the smudges off.

"I want us to have a Great New Year's feast! I'll try as hard as I can today to sell as much charcoal as possible....even if it's just a little." Hinata replied smiling brightly.

His family were everything to him. 

"Thank you Shoyo..." Smiling back at her son the mother got up ruffling his hair.

"Shoyo! Shoyo! Are you going into town again today?" The smaller brother, Souta, asked running up to the eldest. 

"I want to go with you! Let me come pleeeease?" The sister begged as she accompanied her brother Souta.

"Whaaaaa again?" Eiji commented as he came round the corner, axe in hand. He stopped walking when he heard all of the commotion.

"No not today. You can't walk as fast as Shoyo. Maybe next time." His mother dismissed.

"But mom-"

"No. He isn't taking the cart with him today so he can't pull you around when you get tired." The mother said putting an end to it.

"Hey Eiji I know your not very strong but could you cut some wood today please?" Shoyo asked as the younger siblings whined about not being able to go.

"I will but..." Stopping on his words he pouted slightly. "I was kinda hoping we would do it together..."

Hinata nodded as he smiled. Taking a couple steps away from his family he waved.

"Take care!"

"Come back safely!"

Turning around he came face-to-face with Natsu, the oldest sister in the family.

"Shoyo!"

"Natsu!" He greeted smiling brightly.

"I was just going to put Rin to sleep but I heard the commotion." Natsu commented smiling towards her brother. "They've been lonely...ever since father died..."