- I love you - Prince Au -

Credit to the artist!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Arranged Marriage. What a pain. Planned when you were young or made on the fly. What a nuisance. You never get to choose who you want to be with, your shoved with some stranger or friend and forced into a marriage most of the time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

"Kenma...I have great news to tell you!" The queen squealed happily. "The Kuroo's are coming over. You can see their son again."

Kenma rolled his eyes, Kuroo was a good friend but when he wanted to be he could be a prankster, causing a lot of trouble for the pudding head. Sighing Kenma responded with a small "Mmm" before carrying on with the Rubix cube in his hand.

"Are you not excited Kenma?" His mother asked worriedly. "Do you not like them?"

"They're alright." Was the only reply the mother received.

Before she could speak again a royal knight came over to them. Shoyo Hinata. Kenma's personal knight. He was one of the newest soldiers but rose in the ranks quickly until Kenma chose him as his personal knight. It was him or a scary looking knight.

"Your majesty!" The soldier called out. "The Kuroo's have arrived."

Hearing this the Queen thanked him before leaving to go greet the guests. Leaving Kenma and Hinata alone.

"What was that about Kenma?" Hinata inquired seeing the Prince unimpressed and shuffling the Rubix cube faster.

"She has news..." The pudding head replied. "I don't like the sound of it..."

Hearing this the soldier walked to Kenma's side and sat down next to him. They had grown closer in the many months they had spent together. Having their own spot by the lake to meet at every night, someplace where they weren't Prince or Knight. Where they were just two people.

"I'm sure it'll be nothing bad!" Hinata tried. "Plus you get to see Kuroo again."

"Why does everyone make it sound like a good thing..." Kenma placed down his Rubix cube completed next to him and stood up. Brushing off his clothes he straightened them out.

Hinata laughed before standing up as well and straightening up. He looked towards Kenma then, the sunlight flooded in from the windows making the prince light up. The Prince was beautiful. Smiling slightly he took a few steps and turned around.

"May I escort you to your guests?" The knight asked with a smile. "That is....if the prince wants escorting."

"Yes I would like escorting." A small smile appeared on his lips. "Thank you Knight."

Making their way through the twisting halls, Hinata always marvelled at the decoration. He originally came from a small village in the kingdom but always dreamed of becoming a knight after hearing about the conquests of The Tiny Giant. However his dream hadn't always been smooth sailing, dealing with rivals, enemies and more. Kenma smiled gently seeing his wonder and amazement.

"I can never get over how amazing the castle is!" Marvelling they came to a set of double doors, the meeting room.

Knocking gently the doors opened revealing two families. The Kozumes and Kuroos who were casually conversing. Showing Kenma the way to his seat and pulling it our for him, Hinata bowed before excusing himself.

"Wait. Stay." Kenma whispered. The shorter panicked.

"I can't this is a family meeting." Hinata tried to excuse himself again, the attention quickly being drawn to them. "Excuse me."