- Warm Weather -

Credit to the artist!

------------------------------------------------------------------

It. Was. Hot.

Sweat was pouring from everyone. It was possibly the hottest day of the year much to the displeasure of Nekoma's setter. The training camp had been going for a few days now the days just seeming to get hotter and hotter.

However this didn't stop some people. Karasuno had lost again. Meaning they would have to run up the small grass hill and back down again. The coachs had said that they didn't have to which caused most of the team to sigh in relief except for two people.

"Bakayama I'm going to beat you!"

"No your not dumbass!"

The freak duo. Not even the heat could stop this pair. They took their positions at the bottom of the hill and got ready, sweat was already coming off them in heaps and they looked about ready to collapse. To the other teams it was interesting how much energy and competiveness they had. One person with the name of Kenma watched the ginger carefully.

"Guys don't. It's too warm." Daichi tried to reason but ultimately knew there was no point.

They both stilled until Lev called out "Go!" causing both boys to dash at full sprint up the grassy hills. People had started cheering then, some free entertainment to past the time.

Hinata clambered up his feet slipping slightly. Kageyama wasn't much better almost on his hands and knees crawling. The feline-like setter grabbed two bottles and walked over to where the race would eventually end.

Kenma wasn't the biggest fan of the weather. No scratch that he hated it. He never liked feeling tired or being sweaty but volleyball and this training camp had caused him to.

Waiting for his "friend" at the bottom of the grass he watched as Hinata pushed on even though you could visible see he was struggling. Bokuto could be heard cheering for his disciple as well as Akaashi trying to calm him down.

Hinata reached the top first and let out a small "yay" before breathing heavily and starting to run back down. aka fall back down. Kageyama had almost given up just barely behind Hinata he just slid down the hill not bothering trying to try to get on his feet.

"I...I...I win....win...yay....take that....Kageyama." The poor boy could barely be heard over his coughing and breathing.

"Dumbass..." Was the only reply as Kageyama reached the end and flopped onto the fall.

A few cheers were sounded as well as few laughs once the race had stopped. Attention being drawn to conversation. However once the attention was gone they recieved a scolding from their coach and captain about using energy and the heat.

After the scolding hinata took this opptunity to flop onto the ground not bothering to move to a shady spot. Kenma sighed and came over to the sweaty middle blocker.

"Shoyo. You should sit in the shade." Kenma pointed to a shady open spot on the wall of the gym. "I have a drink for you."

Hinata perked up then and came to his feet slower than usual. "Thanks Kenma!"

Making their way to the shady spot, Kenma took a quick sip of drink making sure not to drink too much so that he didn't have to walk to the water fountain. Flopping down Hinata sighed.

"Its so much cooler here." Hinata sighed relaxing slightly but still keeping his go-lucky attitude.

"Mmm" Kenma took his phone out of his pocket then. "I got a new game."

"Woah! Nice! Whats it called?! I want to play it too!" Hinata enthuised causing the other to smile.

"Neko Astume" Kenma replied showing him the cats he had collected.

Hinata looked through the cats with a bright expression. "They're all so cute! Hey! That one kinda looks like you." He pointed to a calico cat with the colour of Kenma's hair.

"Really?" Kenma asked surprised.

"Yep! Totally!" He replied a smile never leaving his face.

"Most of the cats look like Nekoma people!" Hinata mused pointing at the different ones. "The grey one looks like Lev! Your captain looks like this one!"

"I think you look like this one." Kenma pointed to a ginger cat.

"Wait which one?"

Hinata moved over until he was leaning on Kenma. Hinata was boiling. He was like a radiator which caused Kenma to remember.

"Oh..." Kenma reached beside and offered Hinata a bottle of water. "I forgot to give you this sorry..."

"Thanks Kenma!" Hinata recieved it thankfully and was about to drink it when...

"Thanks shorty!" A tall annoying figure took it out of the shorter person's hand.

Lev.

This immedietly made Kenma frown. That drink wasn't for him. Such an annoying first year.

"Hey! Thats my drink!" Hinata protested standing up but even so being unable to reach it. "I needed that."

Lev laughed and took a drink before sitting beside them with a small smile.

"Im kidding! Im kidding!" Lev went to hand it back but was ultimately shut down when Kenma offered his own drink to Hinata.

"Shoyo you can drink some of mine. Ignore Lev." Kenma held the drink infront of Hinata.

"Are you sure? Its your drink and-" Hinata wasn't able to finish his sentence as Kenma butted in.

"Its fine. Take it." Pushing it into Hinata's hands he went back to looking on his phone however his attention was on Hinata.

"Hey! I was only kidding! Look theres still water in it." Lev then proceeded to tip the water out but then realised what an idiot he was. He silently prayed that Yaku wasn't watching.

"That was stupid." Kenma commented non-chalantly.

Lev couldn't deny that and proceeded to hang is head in shame promising to make it up to them by grabbing some watermelon. Before anyone could object the tall first-year was already on his way to fix the problem.

"I'll fix this!"

Hinata laughed and raised the drinks bottle up near his mouth. Smiling for a second he proceeded to take a drink making sure not to drink all of it. Kenma watched silently from beside him and remembered something.

He drank from that bottle not too long ago. They had just shared an indirect kiss.

A blush covered Kenma's face as the realisation hit him. However the other person involved was oblivious and proceeded to hand the bottle back.

"Huh Kenma? Whys your face red? You should drink something!" Hinata worried, shoving the drink towards Kenma.

"Shoyo im fine!" Kenma tried to reason.

"No! Take a drink!" Hinata pouted. "I won't stop until you do!"

That conversation went on for a long time.