- By Your Side - Yokai Au -

Credit to the artist!

This became longer than I expected. xD

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hinata sighed for about the 50th time in the library. No matter how much he sighed nothing was going to happen. It was almost time for high school to start, he had his eyes set into getting into Karasuno. It use to be one of the top Yokai and Master Training schools around but after they lost repeatedly in joint school festivals the school sorta dropped.

Tapping his pen on the table he rested his head on his hand. To get into the school you had to be accompanied by a Yokai. Whether it be a family Yokai from your family or one you've bonded with yourselves.

He was the only one out of his little group to not have a Yokai. Yamaguchi had formed an unlikely bond with nine-tailed fox, his name was Tsukishima and he was as salty as they came. The story is that they met when Yamaguchi was a child or something and the rest becomes a blur. 

Kageyama on the other hand comes from a very prestigious family, meaning he was given his Yokai or should I say Yokais. Oikawa and Iwaizumi, however they were not getting along well. From Hinata had heard Oikawa had tried many times to run away however the Yokai can't be too far away from it's master as it will start to be affected by the charms.

Hinata's family did have a family Yokai but it preferred his sister Natsu over him so he gave up trying to convince it to help him.

Getting up he wandered over to the bookshelf again to skim the shelves: Yokai knowledge, Yokai types, Yokai Facts, How To Train a Yokai and more were al scattered on the shelf he could reach.

Bonk!

"Ouch!" Hinata winced as he rubbed his head, "What the heck?"

A book had fallen onto Hinata's head and then onto the floor. Still rubbing his head he picked up the thick book, turning it over he read the title.

"Legendary Yokai." Shrugging it off he struggled to put it back on the shelf that it fell off. He was too short.

Blushing Hinata made sure no one was watching. Crouching down he leaped up into the air slipping the book back into the space from which it came. Feeling proud of himself he turned around and came face-to-face with Yamaguchi.

"Oh hey Yamaguchi!" Hinata yelled witch gained a "Shhh." from the people at the tables.

"Hey Hinata." Yamaguchi whispered. "You doing some research?"

"Yeah but still nothing..." The shorter one sighed again. "I'm going to keep trying though! The Karasuno entrance exams are only round the corner."

"I'm sure you'll befriend a Yokai soon. I mean even I befriended a Yokai so you can too!" Yamaguchi spoke gently

"Speaking of where is your salty friend." Looking around he couldn't see him.

"Tsukki's at home. He didn't want to come out with me today." The taller replied. 

"You finally get a break from Saltyshima then." Hinata laughed. "You come here to study?"

"Yeah I got to improve my grades." Yamaguchi sighed. "Do you want to study together soon?"

"Yes please, thanks Yamaguchi."

Yamaguchi and Hinata smiled. The two bright sunshines conversing as Yamaguchi grabbed the revision books he needed off the shelf and checked them out.

The two boys walked back together, they lived relatively close to each other. Kageyama out of the three lived the furthest away.

"See ya Hinata. Don't forget the study group on Sunday." The freckled boy called as he waved.