after

At the age of 16 I liked to pretend I was living my own coming of age movie.

I would tell my friends constantly that our lives were like movies, and that we needed to make them interesting enough to watch.

I joked about it a lot, especially how cliche I sounded, but it really led me to make some of the best decisions I ever would.

Until the risks started getting bigger and the consequences worse. That bad started outweighing the bad and people were getting hurt.

I realized that when I was sitting in the van with JJ, Pope, and Kie when we heard Sarah screaming for help. None of us knew what happened, we just saw John B's lifeless body on the ground.

That moment was an awakening for everyone, including JJ, even if he wasn't willing to admit it.

Cut to now.

I looked at JJ in the front seat of my car. We sat in the driveway of the chateau, but we weren't ready to go in just yet.

"They have to be okay. They have to be" JJ muttered under his breath.

"It's only been a week. Sarah told me she'd write in two. We just have to wait." I said trying to hold myself together, as I had been doing all week, because while everyone was falling apart, someone had to stay strong.

We were at the chateau because someone had to take care of it, even if we all knew the likely hood of them surviving the storm was slim.

I opened the car door and looked to JJ. His face was the pale.

I reached over and I held his hand. "You can stay here for a little bit to collect yourself. I'll be inside when you're ready." I told him and gave him a sad smile.

I walked up the steps to the chateau and tons of memories washed over me, but I ignored them to avoid the pain they would bring.

The chateau had been a home for most of us for years, but now it looked run down and sad because none of us had been here for a week and the last time someone was there was leading up to when Sarah and John B left.

I walked into the house and the smell immediately hit me. It was disgusting and there was stuff everywhere.

I started off with taking care of the trash and lighting a candle to clear up the smell.

JJ never came inside, so I decided to go check on him when I was halfway done.

The passenger door was open and he was sitting on the seat. I made my way over to him and he stood up.

He'd been crying. It hurt me to see him like this, but it was inevitable.

I hugged him right and didn't say anything as he sobbed lightly into my shoulder. It took all I had not to start crying because I needed to be strong for him.

We stood there for 10 minutes, maybe 20. Eventually he followed be inside and we finished cleaning silently.

Once we finished I started towards my car, thinking JJ was following me, but I looked back and he was gone.

In different circumstances I would've panicked, but this time I knew exactly where he would be.

Going back around the house, I walked down to the dock. He was sitting there with his feet hanging in the water.

I sat down next to him.

"I just want my family back. John B was my best friend, our best friend. I miss him so much. Fuck, I even miss Sarah, her and Kie bickering over stupid shit. And I miss giving them shit about their relationship, and trying stupid party tricks with John B on the boat. I miss them."

"I do too." I sighed, "We just have to hang on for a little while longer."

.

hi yes I am aware that this is short. im gonna post part 2 tmr at some point. happy gublerween to all, if ur gonna get fucked up, pls stay safe and make sure people know where you are at all times. also remember to have fun, wear a mask, and social distance.

also im gonna shoot my shot with some1 later on tn so wish me luck

love,
marie 🦆