mood swingz

"..And she just kept asking and asking, I finally got tired of it an- y/n, are you even listening?"

"Hm, yeah" I turned to Kie, "just been a little distracted lately, ya know?"

I looked back at the water and watched the waves roll in.

I remembered the night JJ and I laid in this exact spot for hours. He played with my hair while I had my head in his lap. Too bad it would never happen again.

"Honestly, I don't, you've been a little off lately, what's going on?"

"I don't even know honestly, I'm thinking I might just need awhile to collect my thoughts and figure out what I want in life, I guess I'm just stressed about what's next" I lied

"Worry about that later," she handed me the picnic basket, "and this amazing fruit now"

I grabbed some strawberries and turned back to the surf. My mind once again started wandering.

JJ hadn't had a very good night, so I picked him up and we went for a drive. We talked about anything and everything, I mean I even admitted some of my deepest fears to him that night, but once again, it was all for nothing.

I heard Kie talking on the phone and I chose to ignore it due to the fact that I didn't really care.

"Y/n/n, I gotta go, emergency at the wreck. Do you want me to give you a ride home or should I send someone for you later?" She asked

"Uh, I'll stay" I muttered.

I didn't really want JJ to be the one to get me, but I also wasn't ready to go.

I needed the peace that being at the ocean gave me, it helped distract me from the real world.

As she drove away I laid down on the blankets and went right back to the dream world I had been in before, but this time, it wasn't so pretty.

.

"Y/n, I wanna stay but I can't, you know this" JJ said, slightly raising his voice

"No JJ, I don't. I don't get it." I snapped

"Because I'm gonna mess up. I don't know how to help you when you're having an anxiety attack or when you have one of you lows. I don't know how to be there for you the right way, so it's just better off that I'm not there at all for your sake." He yelled.

I turned around to hide the tears that had formed in the corners of my eyes.

"You never did anything wrong, you being there was enough, but if you want it to be this way then here you go" I stammered.

I didn't stay to listen to what he had to say and I didn't turn around to see his face, I just left.

.

I rustled through the picnic basket and grabbed a bottled water. It was almost sunset when I was getting ready to call someone to come get me.

Then I saw the van pull up, with none other than JJ Maybank himself driving. The last person I wanted to see.

Once I packed everything up, I walked up and sat in the front seat. I didn't say anything, but you could cut the tension with a knife.

"I didn't mean it." He confessed "I want to be there for you and I want to make sure you're okay, I just didn't feel like I was doing enough and I'm making your mental health worse and that's why I said what I said."

"It still hurt. You made me feel like you didn't want to be around me because I was a little bit broken. Trust me on the fact that I don't like what I have to deal with either, but at least I try." I argued back

"I never meant to hurt you and I promise to try harder, I'm sorry. Please give me another chance at things and I won't fuck it up this time. I pinky promise." He held out his hand.

"Don't make me regret this" I muttered as I did the pinky promise.

He pulled into the driveway of the chateau.

"Trust me, you won't" he said and leaned in and kissed me on the forehead.

"I better not" I told him while I grabbed my stuff and we walked inside.

All the lights were off and I didn't see anyone

"Is no one here or something?" I asked

"I don't know where pope is, he's weird, Kie is with her parents, and John b is with Sarah."

"Huh. The one time I'm actually here for the night, everyone's gone." I noted

"It's okay, we can have a night to ourselves and I can make everything up to you" he smirked

"And how do you think you're gonna do that?" I smirked back and leaned against the edge of the counter.

"Like this"

He leaned down and kissed me.

We had kissed many times before, sometimes sober, sometimes not, but this was different.

I ran my fingers through his hair and he deepened this kiss. I stopped to breathe and he lifted me onto the counter top.

Things were just getting good when I heard the door open.

"Shit" I whispered and hopped down.

"Hey, where's everyone at?" Pope yelled.

JJ shoved me into the bathroom and put his hand over my mouth.

"Um, I'm just here to use the bathroom, then I'm leaving, no one else is here." JJ shouted

"Oh, I'll head out then, just got bored. See ya" he yelled back.

I stayed quiet till I head the door close again.

That was close. I took a deep breath and looked at JJ.

"How'd he even get here?" I asked

"Who knows, but he's gone now" he grabbed my hand and led me into the guest room.

What happened there though, I'll leave to your imagination.

.
.
.

heyyy guys, this is another short one bc my computer died and i can't stand typing this much on my phone. also this is sorta weird but do you guys want less pg imagines, if so just comment yes and I'll def write some.

love u all,
marie 😼