growing up

Request from @ clownheadass
"Single dad jj but he meets Y/n and falls in love with her and Y/n meets his kid and they're like a mother figure to his kid because the kid never had one."

I'm gonna go off to the side a little on this, but I already started writing a second version that is completely compliant with the request.

To start off though, I'm gonna set this timeline a little bit, because it isn't gonna be connected to most of the show's plot. Just them, senior year of high school as if everything was the same as the beginning of season one.

Like Big John is still gonna be missing, and instead of John B having problems with foster care, he got a job and emancipated, same with JJ. The two of them live at the Chateau. Pope did get the scholarship, and he will be attending college in the fall, as well as Sarah, but she's just going to the mainland. As well as her going to college, she also still has a good relationship with her family because they never tried finding the gold, same with Kiara.

So basically everything is as if their world never got turned upside down the way that it did. They're just normalish people in this, because it'd be a little bit hard to write a baby into that giant mess that happened at the end of season two.

.
.
.

The news about JJ Maybank having a kid blew up in Kildare.

It's not that people didn't really expect it, but no one even knew who the mom was. He had just randomly started cleaning up his act at some point, and then a couple of months later could be found taking care of his daughter Violet, as a single dad.

That was the way that outsiders saw it, and they didn't even try to get the bigger picture. People wanted to assume the worst about JJ.

What they didn't see was the fact that JJ had all of his friends helping him through the situation that he was in, his new life. They didn't know that JJ powered through his senior year of high school and took extra classes to ensure that he would graduate. His friends, basically family helped him of course, whether it was babysitting, helping him study or do his homework, or making sure that the Chateau was cleaned while he and John B were working.

It was a team effort all around, and it was truly the hardest thing that any of you had ever done, but you'd all made it work the best that you could.

JJ appreciated every one of course, but you had a spot in his heart that no one other than Violet did. You were the one who stayed overnight most nights, just to allow him to sleep. You were the one who made sure that she was ready every morning to go to whichever of their friends was babysitting till JJ was out of school, and you made sure that there was dinner on the table when Him and John B got home from work.

You did all that without ever thinking twice about it because you felt the same way for him. Your situations weren't the same as his, but he'd always been there for you without question.

Between that and how you felt about him, it made it that much easier to be there for JJ.

Since then, things had not changed in the slightest, even two years later.

"All I'm saying is that if you officially moved in with us instead of just sleeping on the couch all of the time, things would be a lot easier." John B told Y/n while the two of them were in the kitchen, cleaning up the mess from dinner.

"I don't see how that would work."

"Y/n, we'd figure it out. It's not like you don't already sleep in JJ's bed."

"Mostly when he isn't there."

"Still do though."

"Why are we having this conversation again?"