timing

*Ring*

*Ring*

*Ri-*

"Shut the fuck up" I yelled as I slammed my hand on the snooze button.

Mornings are definitely not my type of thing, but today it was necessary.

I dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom where I turned on my shower and grabbed a few towels.

45 minutes. That's how long I had to shower, get ready, and drive to Kiara's house. She invited me to go to midsummers with her so that none of us were separated that night due to the plan.

I got in the shower and took care of what I needed in a matter of ten or so minutes, then I continued into my closet to get dressed.

I put on a t-shirt and athletic shorts, then I grabbed all my stuff and headed to my car.

I was just about to put on music when JJ called me.

"Whatcha doin?" He asking in a mocking girly tone

"Getting ready to get all fancy" I laughed

"Huh, without me? How rude" He scoffed and made a dramatic face.

I giggled

"Come to Kiara's then, I'm sure she wouldn't care" I stopped to sneeze, "and I'd kinda like to see you anyways"

"Funny you should say that, because that's where I am, waiting for your slow ass" he smirked

"Oh really, have you seen my dress yet?" I asked

"Nope, I'm waiting to see it on you, I want to be wowed."

"Then wowed you shall be, I'm in the driveway, so I'll see you in a few, love ya and don't miss me too much"

I hung up the call and parked my car. Sure enough there he was waiting for me at the door.

I blew a kiss to him before getting out. I meant it, but I was about 99.9% sure he only had platonic feelings for me. We flirted like 25/8, but he always seemed to be with another girl.

"Hey cutie" I said as he held the door open for me and I walked inside.

"I could say the same to you" he smirked at me. "Kie is upstairs waiting, you better get to it."

I tossed him my bag. "That's for later tonight, watch it for me for now." I told him, my voice getting quieter as I walked up the stairs.

I opened Kiaras door and the first thing my eyes went to was my dress. It was a beautiful dark green dress with a similar style to Kie's, just a deeper plunged neckline.

"Wow" I looked at her, she already looked gorgeous and she didn't even have her hair done.

"Thank you, now let's get you ready because you know someone wants to see the dress"

"Yeah, he said he didn't want to see it until I was fully ready and he's been really impatient lately" I laughed

"Yeah, he definitely has a thing for you. I can tell by the way he looks at you" she admitted

"I don't know, I think he sees me as a best friend."

"Yeah right, you are soo not observant. You know he doesn't sit on the phone for hours with the rest of us, or wait for us at the door" she laughed

"Whatever, maybe I'll tell him tonight, but that's a huge maybe"

We talked for a while longer while she did my hair and makeup, for my hair we didn't do much, just tied some of my hair back to keep it out of my face and left the rest of it naturally curly.

Last step was to put on the dress. I was kinda nervous that it wouldn't look right on me, being Kie's and all but it actually looked amazing.

I walked downstairs to her living room.

"Tada" I said as I walked towards jj and my bag

"Wow" his face seemed to light up, "you look gorgeous."

I noticed Kie mouthing the words 'what did I tell you'

"Thank you," I noticed that he had his outfit on, "you aren't so bad looking yourself"

I sat next to him and grabbed my heels from my bag and put them on. Everything was ready for tonight.

"Alright, now we just wait for the other two idiots and we'll be set" Kie spoke

"Who's car are we taking?"

"I think you should drive your car so that we have a backup plan in case something goes wrong."

"Yeah I'll ride with you so that you aren't alone" JJ added

I shot Kie a look. I knew exactly what she did.

"That's fine with me, how long do you think John B and pope are gonn-" I got cut off by the honking of the van.

"Never mind I guess." Everyone started shuffling to the door and I was the last one out because I had to get my bag from the other side of the room.

JJ was once again waiting for me at the door, nonchalantly holding the door.

"Thank you" I said as he walked with me to the car.

I drove and he slowly interlaced his hands with mine.

I thought about saying something, but soon enough we were there and it was time to split up. I was gonna be with Kie, JJ and John B had something planned, and Pope was gonna be with his dad.

Honestly, I had no idea how the night was gonna go down.

Kie and I danced and danced till it started getting dark out, and I noticed commotion coming from the bathrooms.

It was muffled, but I could swear I heard JJ.

The door handle moved so I moved to the other door.

"You know, y/n and kiara are pretty hot for pouges." I heard someone yell.

Then all hell broke loose again.

I slammed the door open and say JJ fighting with rafe and other kooks. I kicked rafe in the shin with my heel and grabbed JJ's arm and drug him outside, where we all ended up making a scene and leaving.

It was bad.

I drove to the meeting spot while JJ sat quietly in my passenger seat.

I finally got tired of the silence.

"What the hell just happened?"

"I-, I don't know. Rafe said something bad about you and Kie and I couldn't control myself. Kiara is like a sister to me and I wasn't gonna let someone say that about her," he took a deep breath, "and you, I really like you, like a lot and I didn't even want to hear your name come out of his nasty mouth."

I stayed quiet until we made it to the spot, and once the car stopped I look over at him.

I moved my hand to his cheek and moved his face towards me, then I kissed him. I wasn't sure it was the right moment, but there was a chance it would never be the right moment.

He kissed back and I slowly pulled away when I noticed headlights.

"I should've said something sooner" he breathed

"Yeah, same." I said awkwardly as I got out of the car and we walked towards the van with our fingers intertwined.

...
...
...

heyyy guys, I wrote this in like an hour because I had hellla inspo so it might not be very good, but I hope you guys enjoy either way.

love u all,
-marie <3