11. Operation Hairdye... Success?

Sorry it's been a few weeks. I've been having a hard time. Thank you for understanding<3 this chapter is filled with intense scenes for poor little Lena(;

********************************************

The scent of cookies and hot chocolate stirred the hunger in my stomach, and I let out a relieved sigh to see all the goodies from the Lord lined out in front of me on the table.

"Go ahead and dig in, loves!" Danielle claps, a wide smile set on her face.

I waste no time to pick up a chocolate chip and white chocolate chip cookie and stuff both in my mouth. Darius gives me a you-eat-like-a-fucking-wild-animal look and I flip him off once I finish one of the cookies that was in my hand.

"It's your fault you don't feed me, bastard." I murmur under my breath, but he seemed to catch it anyway.

"It's not my fault you gave me back those files I had dropped that first day..."

"Don't you fucking start with me, bitch!" I yell a little louder, alarming the family behind me. Turning around awkwardly, I apologize as the husband covers their child's ears and Danielle sends me an awkward glance.

"I see you both are in love.." She comments, waving her little one away, who bounds off in a fit of giggles.

"Y-Yeah..." Darius laughs it off before I could tell her we weren't a couple, and I send him a look. What the hell? A few minutes ago he was trying to tell his bipolar sister we weren't together!

He sends me a look when Danielle turns around. I read it as I'll-tell-you-later-so-just-play-along-for-now. I reluctantly nod and return my gaze to his confused sister.

"We always get into little dumb fights, don't we Daripoo?" I use a new nickname for him so I can taunt him with it when Danielle is around.

He sends me the most scariest, out to get me with a chainsaw and and a butcher knife look before pretending to send me a kind smile.

"Of course, kitten." Darius says between his teeth, obviously very angry with me. His grey-blue eyes are lit with blazing, uncontrollable anger and I suddenly feel myself cowering under his gaze. Should I be scared for later? I had been pissing him off a lot lately. Like, a lot.

Yeah, it's time I became afraid.

"Aww, y'all are so adorable!" Danielle, seemingly oblivious to everything going on, places her hands on her cheeks in a sigh, and turns to her husband. "Aren't they just too cute?"

He nods slightly, his eyes catching Darius'. "Sure..."

It was terribly awkward now, and I honestly didn't no what to do.

"Well," Danielle breaks the silence again. "Y'all seem tired. You've had a terribly long day in the car, don't you think? I'll get you set up in your room."

Without hearing our opinion, she moves around the kitchen and grabs our bags at the front, including my 'girly-needs' bag. I smile, a plan suddenly forming perfectly into my head.

Darius would never see it coming.

We follow her down the hall and up a set of stairs, leading to a single room at the top. She opens the door and I instantly find my mouth opening in awe. It was a very beautiful, large room with satin red sheets for the bed and large, plush white pillows to decorate the top. Turning my head, I notice the large window overlooking the backyard and the dark wood vanity I would die for.

"Wow." I breathe, and Danielle laughs as she sets our bags at the end of the bed.

"Thank you. We just redecorated it a few weeks ago. I guess y'all just came at the right time." She smiles, placing her hands on her hips.