44. Reunited

two more chapters after this!! I'm glad to come back with so many people continuing to follow me in this story and I am sad to say it is almost over, but I am glad to be able to say my promise will be fulfilled and I will finish it for everyone who has enjoyed this roller coaster!(:

the feels in this chapter will have your heart melting, enjoy<3

auna xoxo

**************************************************************

Leaning over, I place the side of my head against Darius' shoulder. The constant sound of the airplane engines made me queasy, so I had a pair of earphones plugged in to block out the noise. Darius reaches his hand over and sets it on my thigh, squeezing slightly. I give him a small smile, and look up at him.

"I hope you like Savannah." I say quietly leaning over to fix Darius sweatshirt, which was too far to the right and made my OCD flare up. "The town is... It's own little town, I guess. Lots of history... I mean, obviously you have been there because that is where you took me, but still..." Before I can finish my sentence, Darius pulls out a blanket from his small carry on bag that was under his seat and covers us in it, blocking out the light.

"I will love anywhere I am with you, kitten." With that, I suddenly feel him pull on my lip with his teeth and draw me closer before putting his arms around me. I smile against his lips, and press my hand over his heart, feeling it pound beneath my fingertips.

"Okay." I say discreetly, and he kisses me again, and again, until all of my thoughts have dissipated into the abyss. His hands draw up under my shirt and caress my back, sending shivers down my spine.

"Um, excuse me." A lady suddenly says, and I jump away from Darius and remove the blanket, earning a playful smile from him.

"Sorry, um... Here is your peanuts..." She gives us an awkward smile and I take the bags.

"Thank you, sorry." I smile politely, and wait until she leaves before slapping Darius' bicep.

"That poor woman!" I whisper, and give him a hard look. He laughs, and squeezes my cheek.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself. You're my cute little kitten." He says, and lowers his hand. I anticipate him to place it on my leg again, but instead he snags a peanut bag from my hand and opens it before turning to the window.

I watch him look out the window, his blue-gray eyes scanning over the land below us. He was so beautiful in his own little way. How different my life would be, if I hadn't met him outside that sub shop. I would thank God everyday for that, because without him, I just wouldn't be the Lena I know now. And the Lena I know now is strong, and capable, and has fallen in love with the one person I would never have thought to in a million years.

Darius turns my way again, halting my thoughts, and smiles. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I lean over and peck his cheek. "I just can't believe you're here... With me. Coming home with me. Thank you for keeping me by your side, even through all the hell I gave you. I love you so much, Darius Jackson."

"And I love you, Lena Olove. Thank you for staying, even when you could've left." Darius whispers, his voice like a melody in my ears. "You are my everything, kitten."

***

Once we land in Savannah, Darius and I grab a quick bite of food at the food court and grab an uber down to my apartment. I had talked to my sister after we had left the hospital and told her I was coming home with my kidnapper. She was hesitant to allow him in our house at first, but I told her I would explain everything once we settled back in.