28. Operation Kitten Bait

this is definitely something I will think about publishing in the future. yall are just so amazing<3 I love youuuuu

next chapter we introduce the new character!! SY IS COMING, MY DARLINGS.

xoxoxoxo aunaaa(:

*******************************************************

I woke up to a blaring alarm, and groaned, stretching across the bed. Hitting snooze, I returned to my comatose state and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. The sleep arrangements for last night were actually quite easy, since Darius didn't want anything to do with me. He decided to sleep on couch in the living room, while I took the only guest bedroom.

Grayson had offered up his own bed, but surprisingly Darius wasn't an ass and politely turned down his offer.

The only downside was I had my first nightmare since that one night in the hotel. It seemed like Darius sleeping in the same bed as me was my only cure to my constant nightmares. But I wasn't about to invite him in... Especially with his current mood and bipolar personality.

As if to call him forth, I felt my covers suddenly ripped from my body, leaving me to shriek. I only had on a shirt and underwear!

"Rise and shine. Today is your big day." Darius says, barely noticing my state of appearance.

I quickly snatch a sheet up to cover myself and feel my cheeks heat up. "Thanks for the warning, dick."

He gave me a sly smile, and I wanted to slap it off of his stupid perfect face. "My pleasure. Now get your bare ass up, you need to get ready."

I ignore his rude comment. "Get ready? What?"

"You," Darius says, leaning down and poking my stomach. "Are going to 'seduce' Sy today at his office. I collected all the information this morning on his work hours and job and scheduled you an appointment to see him, don't ask how. You are going to be Mr. Woods new assistant and get all kinds of information from that bastard."

"W-W-What?" I say again, baffled. How had Darius managed to do all of this in the wee hours of the early morning? Well, talking to the guy who stole government files, I guess it would be a piece of cake.

"Assistant?"

"You will only work a few hours every other day. Chill out." Darius leans up and stands at his towering height before gesturing me up and turning off my alarm. "Now get up and get dressed. Breakfast is in the kitchen."

"You sound like my mother." I groan, getting up out of my little warm heaven.

"You wish I did, kitten." Darius doesn't look back for a response when he leaves the room, and I pout my lips. Bastard.

I picked up a pair of shorts from my bag and slipped them through my legs, pulling them up sleepily. I hated waking up this early.

I padded outside of the bedroom and squinted when my gaze met the bright, open windows. Someone really wanted me awake right now. But when I smelled toast and eggs, my mood immediately brightened. I walked across the cold tiled floor on my bare feet and grabbed an already made plate full of food. It was displayed neatly, and I highly doubted Darius had anything to do with the making of this breakfast.

I sat down at the small round table and ate my food hungrily, a glass of water to my right for each bite.

Darius entered the room from the bathroom with wet hair and steam still rising from his tanned skin. He had put on a deep blue v-neck and cargo shorts with sperrys.

"When did you get in the style?" I ask, my mouth full of food.

"When did you get out of style?" He bites back, his gray-blues taunting me. He doesn't wait for my reply though as he grabs a carton of milk from the refrigerator and pours himself a glass filled to the near brim.