23. Me-ow

okay, 50 chapters it is! or at least I'll say I'll try for that(; this story still has a lot more to go! I'm so excited for this story, it's growing so fast! thank you guys, and don't forget to vote for the chapters!(;

if I get 60 votes on this chapter, I'll post a Darius POV for the next chapter! so, vote it UP!!!

*********************************************************

My mood just seemed to get worse and worse as we drove away. I thought it would get better, maybe, if I thought about where we were currently heading.

But nothing I could think about would lighten my mood. I just felt... Sullen, and depressed. Was it because of that call? It had to be. It's all I could think about every time I glanced over at Darius in the driver's seat. It didn't settle well in my stomach, the way he had avoided telling me about this relationship he had had with this other woman. Especially when he completely dodged my question after he found me listening to her call.

Something didn't add up correctly, and I wanted to know what it was. But it didn't feel like the right time to ask it when I couldn't get away from any awkwardness that might bubble up in the middle of the conversation. This car was tiny, and I was only about a foot away from Darius. And I had a feeling we would be in here awhile... But I needed to make some kind of conversation to lighten the mood.

"So, do you have any plans on where we will stay?" I ask, turning my head to look at him. He doesn't move his gaze from the road, let alone look like he acknowledged my question.

But he ran a hand through his thick, dark mess of dyed black hair and spoke. "Yeah. Sy's cousin is friendly, and he still likes me, so we will probably crash at his place for a few days."

I nod and simply return my attention to looking out the window. Well, that plan went well. The conversation lasted for about three seconds.

I nearly jumped in my seat when Darius spoke again.

"Listen, that girl on the phone... She was just this slut that was infatuated with me. She thought we were a thing, and she never got the memo that I wasn't into her..."

His story was irrelevant to what I had heard on the phone. "Then how come she said she didn't mean to hurt you? With some guy she cheated on you with?"

Darius' face lit up with surprise. "She said that?"

"Yeah," I say. "She did. Your story is missing something."

He runs a hand through his soft hair and groans. "That bitch... Okay, I guess you did hear a little more than I'm giving. Yeah, I was with her for awhile, but I was young back then... And once she left I realized that relationships are just a sneaky bitch that comes back and hits you right in the face and leaves you with no emotions and no heart--" He abruptly stops talking and closes his mouth tightly, setting his jaw. He had said too much, I could tell.

"Did you love her?" I whisper, peering into his gray-blues that stared keenly over the road, refusing to gaze anywhere else. He had lied, but he was just protecting himself.

"No, it was never that serious. I lusted after her, as she did to me. She was just something to rid me of my pain for a little while, but then I didn't realize how much I actually liked her when she suddenly left." He hesitates, but continues. "But she is nothing to me anymore."

There was a silence that fell over us, sinking deep into my soul and making both of us incredibly moody and down.

"Will I turn out like that? Once you let me go?" I mutter, crossing my arms over my chest and looking straight at the dashboard, which had a stack of newspapers over the leather. I assumed both of us were on the covers, front and center with a big fat article beside it talking about what bad people we were. If only they knew...

"Only if you want me to," Darius says, his eyebrows drawing in. "But you're a different story."

"What does that mean?" I ask aggressively.

"I kidna--took you from your normal life. She took me."

Goosebumps rose on my skin when he almost said that word. Kidnapped. It sounded so horrible.

"But you had a choice." I bite back.

"Yeah, did. But I was stupid, and you aren't."

"Then let me fucking go." It came out of my mouth before I could fully process it, my anger fuming.

Darius finally glanced over at me, his eyes dark. "Fine."

"What--" The car swiveled off the side of the road into a patch of gravel, and I nearly toppled over in my seat at the sudden jerky movement.

Darius unlocked the car and reached over, yanking the car door open. A chilly wind bit at my skin at the sudden movement, and I shuddered.

"Then get the fuck out, and walk the fuck away." Darius almost yells, making me sink into my seat. I stare at him for a few cold seconds, and tighten my seatbelt.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I want to help you." I whisper, watching his expression sadden.

He slowly moves his hard gaze to the floor of the car and takes a deep breath. "You don't want to help me, and I'm giving you a chance to leave. So take the damn good fucking offer before I shut the fucking door and take all this sexual tension between us and make it fucking disappear entirely by taking you hips in my hands and moving you over my lap and kissing you so fucking hard that your lips will be severely bruised and numb and you'll still be trying to recover even when we get all the way to fucking San Fransisco."

My stomach drops and I feel a sudden, warm, tingly sensation drift all the way down to my navel that I had never felt before. My head was just trying to wrap around the fact that he just said fucking five times all in one sentence. What a bitch. But... Hot damn.

So to answer him, I shut the door and take off my seatbelt.

"I wasn't going to leave you anyways, and I'd probably be killed trying to get back home, which is all your fault by the way."

Darius smirked evilly and grabbed my wrist. "And this will be my fault too..."

His hand quickly makes its way to my hip and he slides his other hand on the other side before yanking me up out if my seat and doing exactly as he had said he would.

"Does this count as sexual harassment?" I ask breathlessly as Darius starts placing chillingly rough kisses on my neck.

"Kitten, I know you thoroughly enjoy it." Darius mumbles, barley stopping his trail of hungry kisses as he speaks.

"I won't deny it, but I wouldn't say it's thorough--"

"Just shut the fuck up and let it fucking happen." With that, Darius grips my hips even harder and smashes his lips which were just on my neck a fraction of a second ago onto my own lips.

Was this man seriously bipolar, or just insane? Did that even count as the same thing?

I quickly responded and fisted his dark shirt in my hands, eager for touch. Darius responds by expertly tugging his shirt over his head. I broke the heated kiss and stared blatantly at his exposed, delicious torso and chest. I placed my hands on his muscled shoulders, and he grabbed the edge of my own shirt. What the heck was happening?

"You're next." Darius whispers.

And that's how we started our game of cat and mouse.... Me-ow.