41. Working For Him

sorry to leave yall on such a cliff hanger.. but here's the next chapter!! hopefully that relieves you some(:

also, IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!!! I was on vacation and had no time whatsoever to write!!! I'm back now though(: hopefully things will be back on track! I apologize to everyone who has messaged me about the long wait, xoxo

*******************************************************

I wake up to a plushness covering my entire being, and my legs folded close to my stomach in a tight ball. The first thing I notice is the beautiful bedroom I had been placed in, with Victorian dressers and mirrors. Sitting up, I scoot towards the end of the kind sized bed and stand beside the bed. My toes curl into a plush, warm rug and I internally sigh.

But then I stop.

Where was I, where had Sy placed me? Why would he put me in such a beautiful expensive bedroom?

Contemplating the weirdness of this situation, I inch my way towards the door and try it. It was locked, which I knew would probably be true, but I had wanted to try just in case. This was too strange, and I knew I needed to get out of here soon. Judging by the night that had fallen over the land from the window to my right, I knew Darius would know something was up since I hadn't come home this evening.

I hoped he was looking for me right now, because I don't know how long I will be able to hold out by myself.

Moving over to the window, I peer outside to see thousands of acres of woodlands. It stretched on for miles, as if purposefully hiding any civilization from me, taunting me from the large room I was locked in.

I jump when the door unlocks, and grimace when Sy comes into view, closing the door behind him.

"Well hello, Ms. Lena Olove. What a pleasure to see that you've woken from your sleep."

"After you knocked me unconscious with some kind of drug, yes." I reply, holding onto a lovely smile to make him mad. He doesn't seem to be moved by it, though.

Clasping his hands together, he walks towards me slowly and addresses me while he admires one of the several paintings in this room. "I have someone I want you to... Greet. Its almost six in the morning, and I expect you at breakfast in exactly.." He looks at his fancy watch. "Thirty minutes. You have several dresses in your closet, and I expect you to chose one of them. My butler Larry will be down to take you to the dining hall. There you will meet my... Friend."

I frown when he places a palm against my cheek and admires my face. "Such a pretty girl. It's too bad you had to get caught up in all of this, but it will be over soon. Once Darius finds you, he will have already fallen right into my little trap I set for him. And he will finally be put behind bars." Leaning down, I shiver when his lips touch my ear. "Right where he has always belonged."

I swallow the biggest lump in my throat and fight back all desperation to punch the shit out of this bastard. "It's too bad he's just a little smarter than you." I whisper, shoving Sy away from me in disgust.

Sy smiles wickedly, his grin scaring me and his icy eyes refusing to leave mine. "Is that so?" He murmurs, and turns to the door. His footsteps ring in my ears until he opens the door and stops to give me one last look. "I can't wait to see you at breakfast, darling. After all of this, I'm sure you'll love your new life here, with me."

My heart thunders in my chest at his shocking news, and he leaves me to ponder on the thought of an us as he shuts the door behind him. The lock clicks in place.

***

I refuse to put on any of the ugly dresses Sy had picked out for me, and watched solemnly as Larry came in shortly to escort me to the dining room with a frown on his face.