21. Kiss For Feelings

Semi-big chapter (: hope you enjoy<3

Auna xx

************************************************

We returned home with my dress and shoes in a plastic bag. By now, the sun had nearly gone down, and I hadn't realized how much time we had spent shopping until now.

Darius was upstairs, probably getting ready so Danielle took the time to help me with my hair.

"I am a master at curling hair. You will look so beautiful tonight, I just know it!" She exclaims happily, her excitement rubbing off on me. I follow her into her bathroom and she sits me down in a comfortable chair before plugging in the wand and prepping my hair.

She spent about thirty minutes doing my hair and put about three pounds of hairspray on me before turning me around to look in the mirror.

I stated back in awe, it was so stunning. My hair curled around my cheeks, framing my face like a portrait and brought out the highlights of my blonde hair.

"Apply some makeup, and you'll be good to go, my love! You can change in here, I'll make sure to keep Darius waiting for you." She winks and pats my shoulders before closing the bathroom door behind her, and I was left with my bag containing my dress and shoes and a bag of makeup.

I only applied some mascara and some blush. I didn't want to look like a stripper in the nightclub, and I also didn't want to look homeless, so I chose a careful in between.

After that I shook off my clothes I had had on and slipped on the strapless black dress and topped it off with my black pumps. My hands started sweating, and I realized I was beginning to feel self-conscious. I hoped Darius didn't think I went overboard, or maybe did too little. He would probably stand out way more than myself.

Before I left the room, I shook the hem of the dress down to reach the middle of my thighs, but sighed in aggravation when it went right back up again.

"Stay!" I told my dress, shoving it back down. It obeyed, and I huffed, now pleased. Who was the alpha? That would be me!

I walked uneasily out of the door and into the hallway, hearing the quiet chatter in the living room of Darius and his sister. They immediately stopped when I entered the room, and I nearly lost my breath when I met eyes with Darius.

He had on a white button-up shirt that hugged all his muscles perfectly, and dark washed jeans with black cowboy boots. His black hair, thanks to yours truly, was styled like a Greek god on top of his head, each strand of hair placed exactly where he had desired it.

He gave me a slow one-over before his eyebrows raised and he walked up to me, holding out his arm for me to loop mine in. Warmth spread of my body when I slipped my arm in his, and he tightened his hold on me.

"Way to clean up, kitten." Darius whispered close to my ear, far enough away so Danielle wouldn't hear.

I felt my checks heat up, and I just hoped he wouldn't notice my growing blush.

"Thank you. You don't look half as bad yourself."

Did he like it? Did he think it was too much, and he was just being nice? Was I too casual? Or maybe I was too dressed up...

All these thoughts bubbled up in my head, and I tried to shove them far back and out of my thoughts for the moment.

"Have a good time!" Danielle called out behind us as we exited the house. Darius seemed to pull me closer to his side when we got outside, and a shiver passed through my spine.

The chilly air bit at my exposed skin, making goosebumps rise over every inch of skin that wasn't covered in material. Once we got in the car I had to wait a few minutes for the hot air to turn on, and then I blasted it.