43. The Final Verdict

happy to begin writing again. thank you all for the support<3 i am undoubtably grateful and hope you enjoy this quick update(:

xoxo Auna(:

************************************************************

"Darius! NO!" Flinging myself before him, I splay my hands out on either side of Darius, taking in the sight of his bloodied shoulder.

His face contorts in pain, and he places a hand over the wound, wincing as he does so. Tears drop from my eyes and form a small stain into his white shirt. Thank god he was only hit in the shoulder. Darius looks up at me as I make a noise of relief and gives me a gentle smile. Using his other free hand, he pulls me down onto his chest and I begin to ball into his shirt.

"I'm okay, kitten." He whispers, rubbing my back with his free hand. I curl my hands into his shirt, thanking God out loud that he was okay.

Keenan begins to tie up Sy with a rope that was laying around the room, and makes sure he keeps the knife in his stomach. We couldn't have him bleeding to death, he deserved life in prison.

Taking the end of my shirt, I rip it into a thick width of material and lift Darius' sleeve, tying it around his wound. I find the bullet beneath his arm, and sweep it away. It must've been a clean blow, which meant that Darius wouldn't have to go through any surgeries, hopefully.

"Do you still happen to have the recorder?" Darius asks, his voice hoarse. I slowly shake my head, suddenly wondering where Sy would have put that. I turn my head to find him totally unconscious. Well, he wouldn't be of any help.

"Guys, we need to leave before someone finds us--" Keenan is stopped by a sudden opening of the dining hall door.

My father walks in, his dark eyes finding mine. I begin to tremble under Darius' arm. His grip on me tightens, and he sits up with a grunt of pain. I try to lower him again, knowing it hurts him to use any force but he refuses, staring dead straight at my father.

My father blinks once, his eyes trained on Darius. A smile forms on his tight face. "What a surprise to see you, Darius. I thought by now Sylan would have you under his control but," He looks over at Sy, who is leaned up against a chair, Keenan trying desperately to bind cloth around his wound and the knife to stop some bleeding. "I guess he's been... Contained."

"What do you want?" I growl out, hatred pooling out of me. My father's eyes fill with a tinge of sympathy, but it disappears faster than it appeared.

"I will allow you to take Sylan away as long as you let me go." He says calmly, pulling a gun out of his back pocket. "No resistance, and I will be on my way.

"You deserve more than just prison. You deserve hell." I whisper, tears streaming down my cheeks as memories of his abuse reappear in my mind. "All the things you have done... All the mistreat you have caused on my mother, my sister, and myself. We deserved none of it! None!" I shriek, climbing out of Darius hold on me. He tries to grab for me as my father raises his gun, pointing it towards me with a blank face.

"I wouldn't move anymore, my daughter." He says, and I stare dead at his face, refusing to look at the gun pointed at my head.

My hands turn to fists at my sides, and I fight the urge to lunge at him, even if it kills me to do so. "Don't call my your fucking daughter! I am nothing to you! NOTHING!"

A single tear, small and minuscule, climbs down from my father's eye. Disappearing under his jaw. I blink away what was left of my tears, and force myself to contain a straight face.