Chapter 3

---Lucius POV---

Shadows flocked around me, completely enveloping me with a nonchalant flick of my wrist. Within the blink of an eye, the scenery changed from the ruins of the stronghold to the entrance towards my home. I glanced at the castle in the distance broodingly, angry that I couldn’t find what I wanted.

My feet carried me through the gate and along the winding trail without a conscious thought. Where was she? I knew that with my second visit to that stronghold that Kale as obviously dead, his hunters killed or dispersed. And no sign of that soulshifter…

“Good evening sir. I trust that your search has gone well?” I stopped midstride, slowly raising my head to glare at the vampire that halted me. He must have sensed my mood because his eyes were downcast while he brushed his palms against his jeans.

“A-apologies my lord, it’s not my place.” It pleased me that he knew his place after all. My mind flicked through the possible options but then again, it was rather hard to keep your mansion functioning without the vampires there to support it.

“Cleary it isn’t.” I snapped, causing the male servant to back away slightly. An irritated growl escaped my throat while I continued my walk, the lesser vampire following behind me. “For your sake, I hope that you can remind your place in the future.”

“Y-y-yes-s, m-my Lord.” He managed to stutter, his voice a little more squeaky then before, creating a satisfied smile on my face. I nodded curtly. “Good. Now, where is my Beloved?”

A snap of my fingers threw the large wooden doors open, revealing the large staircase that was etched in marble, priceless artifacts placed on shelves on the walls and a small view of countless chambers along the way. I halted when the youngster still hasn’t answered my question.

Raising my eyebrow the slightest bit, I noticed that he was looking extremely nervous, fidgeting with the keys attached to a chain on his jeans. “Well…” I drawled slowly.

The young male swallowed harshly and looked up, his eyes dark from his bloodlust. My servants would only be fed if I allowed them to and if they deserved it. “She’s staring out of the windows of the inner yard again sir. I’ve heard her mumble something along the lines of freedom and suppressed, my lord.”

Without a second thought, I reached out and grasped the edge of his shirt, pulling him of his feet. He clamped his hands around my wrist, holding on without trying to aggravate me any further. “Anything else?” I hissed, glaring at him.

The blond vampire shook his head unnaturally fast and lowered his hands in defeat. “No sir, Milady asked to be left alone and you’ve commanded that we should listen to your Beloveds wishes, except her wish for freedom.”

I closed my eyes and growled deeply before I released the man. He landed on the floor with a groan and I walked away from him. “You’re dismissed…and you can feed.” Just before I walked up the stairs, I glanced back at the slave. “And make sure there’s a blood slave in my chambers before you indulge yourself. I’m rather thirsty and not in the mood to be trifled with.”