10. Six Degrees Of Seperation

Six Degrees Of Separation - Zarry

First. You think the worst is a broken heart.

Zayn.

Zayn sat at his piano. Playing had become a habit for him ever since 'the incident.'

It had been about two, maybe three weeks?

He didn't know.

He'd stopped counting.

He'd stopped functioning.

His fingers automatically started playing the familiar chords to the song that had never left his mind all this while.

He took a deep breath before beginning.

"You've read the books,

You've watched the shows,

What's the best way no one knows,"

**

"I just think our relationship needs a break that's all." Harry shrugged like it was no big deal as he placed his converse into the box.

"What..." Zayn choked out. "You're leaving me?" He nodded and Zayn was silent.

"But only for a while." He looked up at his, now, ex-boyfriend. "C'mon Zayn, I'm sure this separation will do you-- will do us good." Harry walked over to his wardrobe and grabbed all his shirts adding them to his suitcase.

"Do they boys know you're leaving?"

"Oh God! I knew I forgot something. Be a doll and tell them for me!" Harry smiled placing a kiss to Zayns forehead before finally leaving and taking all of his stuff with him.

It was all Zayn could do not to cry. He thought the relationship was going great. He had thought Harry was 'the one.' Harry obviously had plans of his own.

Why did they need 'time apart'? Was it cause he was staring to get the same amount of girls throwing themselves at him as Harry was?

Was it cause nowadays on their dates he'd start to pay a bit more attention to the fans than usual? Cause he could stop all that! Obviously the first would take a bit more persuasion and the latter would cause some hate but he'd do it for Harry.

He'd do anything for Harry.

It was obviously a one way feeling as -in Harry's exact words- he needed time to 'think about this relationship, you know the pro's and con's. maybe lay a few girls as well. Just to check if I'm truly gay.'

Zayn sighed in defeat. He was gone.

Harry was gone.

His Harry was gone.

**

The tears began to fall, like they always did. His piano time was never anything thing but bad memories.

"Meditate, get hypnotized."

He didn't hear the door open nor did he want to, this was his alone time.

Hence just him, no-one else.

"Anything to take from your mind."

**

It had been five days.

Harry hadn't come back. Not that Zayn was expecting him to -though the boys were- what shocked him was the lack of contact. He hadn't heard a word from him since he left. No-one had heard from him.

Zayn didn't think Harry was the type to run from his problems but he seemed to have been proven wrong as Harry was out of sight but sadly still fresh in Zayns mind.

He saw him everywhere, even when he closed his eyes.

Harry was his world and without him, Zayn was nothing.

He was still there. But he wasn't Zayn. He was a shell. A blank, broken, brittle shell so stuck in sadness one would think he was depressed.

Which he was. Slowly falling into the depth of a dark depression.

**

"But it won't go, o--"

"Mate..." Niall whispered softly, placing his hands over Zayns which lay -now still- on the piano. "You can't sing your pain away."

Zayn didn't say a word. He just let the tears fall. That memory was all but what he wanted.

Niall embraced him in a hug letting him sob into his shoulder. After a few minutes Zayn spoke.

"I saw him the other day."

"I know Zayn. I know." Niall soothed.

"No!" Zayn pulled away abruptly gripping Nialls jacket tightly.

"No, Niall it was actually him. It was Harry." These words gained Nialls attention. He motioned for Zayn to continue.

"He-- He was sitting at Starbucks... With a girl."

Hey guys. I'm sorry I took a shit load of time updating. I was trying to decide if I wanted to put this up or wait till my Niam is posted (sundayish) so I decided to post it.

Yes it's another series but I'm finding this easier to write (prbz cause I ship it so flacking hard) so it might all (all six) be posted before Sunday.

Maybe ;)

Oh yes so 15 votes and comments till the next one.

Everyone comment telling me which ship it should be as I'm stuck on deciding.

Oh and tell me a song to base it around. That's always fun ;)

15 votes and comments please :)xx

Olivia :)xx