16- Will You Stay Calm?

My history teacher let our class out early so I told Jack that I would meet him at his lesson rather than how he usually meets me. I pull out my phone to text Freddie to make sure he was okay, when I left this morning he was still sleeping- I didn't bother waking him up, I knew that he wouldn't want to go to college today, he needs a day to himself. 

Freddie: Yeah I'm feeling better. I managed to get a shift at work to take my mind of things, I told your mum I'd bring dinner home so I will see you then xx

Emily: Okay, text or call me if you need me xx

I'm too engrossed in my phone that the bell sounding makes me jump and my head jerk up to attention. I see Clara walking towards me, her hair perfectly hanging over her shoulders in loose curls, her jeans hugging her in all the right places with a top that is definitely against the dress code. Here we go- just brilliant, at least she is on her own and not with Sean. Praying silently that she doesn't see me and I can carry on my way to meet Jack so we can go and get some food. The thought of food is what got me through my lessons this morning, I was so tired from last night that I woke up late and was in too much of a rush to eat breakfast. 

"Can you move out the way?" Clara asks in a harsh tone. I'm not even in her way? But if you thinks that's what I said to her you're delusional. I wish I said that to her or told her to fuck off but all that comes out my mouth is "Sorry." How pathetic. 

Clara lets out a high pitch laugh, "Just remember what Sean told you yesterday yeah. You'd do well to listen." Before she flips her hair around and walks away swaying her hips in an over exaggerated way, clearly wanting all eyes on her, which works as most people's are. 

"What does she mean you should do well do listen to what Sean told you?" An angry deep voice says from behind me. Fuck. I spin around to see a pissed of Jack standing in the doorway of his class. 

"I have no clue. I think she got the wrong person. Maybe I look like the person she was looking." The look on his face tells me that my lying skills are rubbish and that I should start thinking of something. Or maybe I could tell him but keep him calm. I'm going to go with option two because Jack will end up getting the answer out of me no matter what, he won't believe another lie.

"Will you stay calm?" I ask trying to get him in a good mood and be calm. 

"Emily." Jack looks at me like he is staring through my soul.

"Yes?" I reply sheepishly. 

"Answer the question." Jack says shifting his weight onto his other foot and crossing his arms across his broad chest. 

"He just said that you guys will be sick of me and that I need to watch my back, but Jack it's not that big of a deal, I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. Jack wait no." I try to grab hold of his arm but he is already out of my grasp heading toward the canteen where I know Sean will be, I try to catch up to him to stop him from storming in there but I'm too late because he goes bursting in the doors and walks straight up to him like a raging bull and Sean is the colour red. 

Sean looks a bit taken aback when he has an extremely angry and scary Jack standing in front of him, if I was Sean I would be so scared right now. 

"I thought I told you to leave Emily alone." Jack says in a calm voice that strikes more fear into anyone than him screaming in your face. 

Sean looks past Jack and at me, dead in the eyes, "Went running to him so quickly? I knew you would squeal like a pig, but not this quickly." Sean laughs. 

"Don't fucking talk to her like that! Actually just don't fucking talk to her at all! Don't even look at her." Jack says pointing at him. "Now be a good boy and apologise to Emily."