39- Huge Accident

I wake up with two arms pinning me down. I look up to see Jack's perfect face engulfed with sleep, his lips slightly parted as he lays there peacefully. I lean over as much as I can, Jack's grip never loosening on me, the only phone I can reach is Jack's. When I finally get a grip on it I see that he has an influx of text and missed calls. The most recent being from Harry, I don't look at the rest- I mean that's an invasion of privacy right? The time reads 2:15pm, wow okay that was a long nap. Just as I go to put Jack's phone back mine starts to vibrate, I place one hand on Jack's chest so I can push myself further but this only wakes him up.

"Sorry," I tell him finally grabbing my phone and picking up the call without looking at who it was.

"Hello?"

"Hey, we was starting to think all the phones in South London had gone down!" Annie's singsong voice chimes down the phone.

"Sorry Jack and I fell asleep and Freddie's been dead to the world since we got in, is everything alright?"

"Yeah no everything's fine, we were just wondering if you wanted to go for lunch? Well a late lunch," I hear a mumbling in the background, no doubt Harry, "and I was really craving food from the Mexican restaurant we went too a few weeks ago." Annie asks, the volume was so loud on my phone that I knew Jack could hear and he just nods in approval when I look up at him.

"That sounds really nice, I'll go see if Freddie's up to it and meet you there in half an hour?" I suggest, I'll just have to change into some jeans, and attempt to wake Freddie up. But the restaurant is only round the corner so that shouldn't be a problem.

"Okay see you then bye!" Annie chimes before ending the phone call. That should be able to give me five more minutes in bed, I hand my phone to Jack for him to put back on the side. My lock screen now completely visible and from the look on Jack's face he's not best impressed. I refuse to feel bad though I haven't had much time to change it from a picture of me and Luke. It's nothing bad, just a selfie from one of our park dates.

"Nice picture," Jack finally speaks in a flat tone, looking down at me, my phone still gripped in his hands.

"I know I need to change it," I answer grabbing the phone off of him, it's not worth the argument and I would feel funny if he had a picture of him and some girl as his background. I just put it to a picture of all of us at the beach, no need to offend anyone that way. I stretch over Jack and place my phone down myself this time. I lay back down onto Jack's chest but he doesn't relax himself as he had done earlier, his body seems more ridged. Surely it's not over the picture, I mean Luke and I only ended things less that twenty four hours ago.

"Is everything okay?" I question, getting off from Jack, untangling our legs and positioning myself in front of him.

"Nothing," He answers quickly but clearly something is the matter.

"Well that's obviously not true. Look was it the picture? Because I'm sorry about that," I start but Jack is already on his feet shrugging on a fresh T-shirt.

"No Em it's not that, it's stupid don't worry about it." He tries to ignore the subject but I know that if we do this it's just going to spiral into a worse argument later down the line.

"It's not stupid come on just tell me," I get up out of the bed and pad over to him, he looks at me with blank eyes as he leans one hand against the desk. He lets out a deep sigh, crossing his arms across his chest.

"It's just you really liked him, you had the same interests. But he was completely different to me, I don't think you could find someone so different." I interrupt him before he even has the chance to start allowing his mind to drift to that.