Sketches

You were walking to your lesson, and you noticed it had started to get chilly, so you had put on your sweater on top of your shirt and wore your house scarf. You put some red coloured clips on your hair (to match your house colours of course) since you were feeling extra cute today. You strutted over to your History of Magic class when you saw Padma and Zach stood next to the door. "Heyy!" You waved at them and grabbed Padma's arms, greeting her. "Hey" Zach said almost monotonously, not looking you in the eye. You looked up at him confused, and looked back at Padma. She shrugged her shoulders and tried shifting the conversation.

"Y/n you look so cute today! I love this little winter outfit you've got going on!! I know someone is gonna enjoy it more than me.." she winked, referring to none other than Draco. You blushed and laughed along with her. Zach let out a fake laugh, "ha ha ha, so funny" he spoke. Finally, you couldn't take his sarcasm and snide comments. "Zach, is there something wrong? Why are you acting like this?" You sincerely asked him, with puppy eyes. He rolled his eyes and spoke "here's your lover boy" before walking away into the classroom. You looked up and saw Draco walking towards the classroom. He nodded his head at you as a greeting and smiled. You blushed even harder and started fidgeting with the material of your sweater. You and Padma walked into lesson.

You sat in your seat, next to your friends, Zach and Padma on either side of you. Professor Binns started the class, you couldn't make out what he was saying since you weren't really paying attention. You were busy thinking about Draco, and what you did the other day. You turned to Padma. "You know, I can't believe you let him take your drawing" Padma said. You tilted your head in confusion. "Cmon y/n. It was the only image you had of him! You could've kept it and looked at it all day long, instead of staring at his face like you're doing right now!" She said. You turned back to her, not even realising that you'd been staring at him. "You're right! Ugh. I should've kept it. I don't know what I was thinking" you groaned and buried your head in your arms on the table. "Don't worry, you could probably just draw another one, right?" She reassured you. You picked your head up in realisation. The good thing about being an artist was that you could draw anything you want on command.

You immediately reached for your sketchbook and pencils. Conveniently, Draco was sat right opposite you. Despite the professor talking about some important work you should've been doing, you decided to sketch Draco. You drew him from each angle, whenever he turned his head, you would draw it down. You wanted to document his beauty in the most raw form. When he was caught off guard. You looked to the side to see Zach peering over your shoulder, only to see that you were drawing Draco, to which he rolled his eyes. You whispered to him, "what's wrong Zach, I don't like the silent treatment you're giving me" you pouted at him. He stared at you for a second and then giggled at your cute face. "Okay Fine. I'll tell you straight up. I don't like Draco, he doesn't give me good vibes, everything about him is off. And frankly, he doesn't seem like your type" you furrowed your eyebrows. "And what exactly is my type?"
"I just mean that he's a horrible person, he's so rude all the time, but you're so sweet. You're the opposite of him" he explained desperately. You just looked at him. "Zach I don't know why you hate Draco so much all of a sudden, but it's not going to change my mind on him. I really like him" you gave him a small smile and turned back to your drawings.

As you drew a couple more small sketches, a stick banged onto your desk, startling you. "And what do we have here miss L/N?" Professor Binns asked. You looked up at him in shock, hoping that he wouldn't say what he saw out loud. He took the book from your desk and looked at it. He immediately realised what was happening. You looked across the classroom to see that this had caught Draco's attention, and he was now looking at you. Although, to spare you the embarrassment, he took the book silently and put it into his drawer. "You may collect this at the end of class. And as a reminder for the rest of the students, no drawing in class, this is the first and final warning. Any failure to follow the rules will result in detention" he said sternly. You sighed with relief. Thank god he didn't show the entire class, it would be a nightmare if Draco had found out.  Padma looked at you and started laughing. "You should've seen your face!" She snickered. You playfully pushed her. You looked back up to see Draco smiling at you, looking quite amused with the situation.

As the lesson finished, your friends had left to go to their next lesson, while you stayed back to collect your book and explain to professor Binns what you were doing in the first place. "Listen sir I-"
"Save it" he cut you off. "I don't want to know about what this book contains or why it contains it. Please do not draw in my class next time, okay?" You nodded and smiled. You were grateful that he didn't make you explain your big fat crush on that boy. "Now go, or you'll be late to your lesson" you nodded again and left the classroom, stuffing your book into your bag. As you exited from the door, someone appeared.

"Hey y/n" Draco spoke. "Draco, what are you doing here?" You asked, trying to hide your book as well as possible. "Oh I waited for you, so we can walk to our lesson together" he smiled. The two of you continued walking, you walking at a slightly quicker speed than him. "And I just wanted to ask about what happened in class earlier," he laughed. "What were you drawing?" He asked. You stopped in your tracks for a split second and continued walking again. "Um you know, just usual stuff. Cats, people" you replied. "Really? Can I see?" He asked, with the joy of a little child. "Umm no sorry Draco, they're just really bad drawings, I wouldn't want anyone to see them" he nodded in agreement. "Ahh. Although, nothing you ever draw could be bad, take the portrait of me you did. What an amazing piece" you blushed at the sound of him complementing your skills. After walking for a while, the two of you reached your lesson.