Chapter 25: The Tables Turn.

A/N: Sorry to do this before the chapter. To get the full effect it would be great is you could listen to the dripping water video attached (in media on the right hand bar, or above the chapter in the app) as you read...unless you have a good imagination, then by all means read away :)

Chapter 25: The Tables Turn.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

The throbbing in my head was unbelievable. Thinking out it how many times had I been hit over the head since I arrived here.

Ow, no, don’t think. Thinking hurt.

Everything hurt.

I could feel that my head was slumped against my chest.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Someone should really get that tap fixed.

I tried to open my eyes, but all I could see was blurry shadows. It seemed better to just keep them closed.

A door creaked somewhere, the sound reverberating around the room, so hard to pinpoint its location.

Thinking now I vaguely remember this happening before, when I was less conscious. Suddenly my body started to shake as if it knew what was to come.

A suddenly memory flashed in my mind. Pain around my head, pain on my shins, pain …pain …..just pain.

A sob escaped from me, but in my shivering form it came out more like a choke.

My head was suddenly roughly pulled up by my hair. Unconscious memories knew what was to come.

All I know next was pain, my sensory receptors so triggered that I could no longer differentiate between my limbs.

Cold, a bucket of water was poured over me and then the sound of the door closing again as the torturer retreated.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

I realised slowly that that wasn’t a tap, it was me. I faded in and out of consciousness, each time awakening a little more.

I don’t know how long I was left, but the final time I came round I was determined to stay awake.

I coughed, my throat sore. I used my tongue to try and catch some of the drips that were falling down my face. I slowly opened my eyes again, blinking several times to try and remove the stickiness that had built up from a lack of opening. I tried to lift my hand to wipe them and found them tied behind me. Instead I bent my head and raised my shoulder to wipe against the thin pj t-shirt I had on, the same from that night. Who knows how long ago that was. It felt like years.

I looked up and squinted round the room trying to make out shapes in the dim light. I noticed a figure sat in the corner. Had I had any energy I would have jumped, but right now it was taking everything I had to stay awake. I realised the figure looked familiar.

“Zander?” I croaked.

The figures head looked up from where he was sitting.

“Kat.” He replied very quietly, so I had to strain to hear.

“Oh thank god” I sighed, relief flooding me as I knew he was with me, “What’s happening. Are you okay?” I coughed out. I wondered if he’d had the same treatment as I had.

“Why” He whispered again.

I frowned, I worried that he was injured badly, “Why?” I questioned.

My eyes went wide as he slowly got up, showing he wasn’t tied.

“Zander? You…you…” I stammered as he walked slowly towards me.

“I really liked you, why? I thought you were different, why did you have to be the one to sell us out” He sighed, walking until he stood in front of me, his head lowered.

“No!” I gasped, “I never, I swear i…” The was a crack as his hand slapped hard across my cheek sending me and the chair I was tied to, crashing to the floor.

I heard the door creak open and someone pull my seat back upright. I cringed as I felt pain in the arm I had landed on.

I slowly raised my head again, tears now running down my cheeks, but not from any external pain. This was from the pain in my heart. I choked on my tears.

“Oh stop snivelling” He growled, all friendliness gone, his face showing blank from the light that had been let in through the doorway.

“Please, no Zander its not true, please believe me! I…I…I love you!” I coughed as I started to hyperventilate through my sobs.

I heard in scoff then my confession was rewarded by a second slap to the face, this time my chair was caught by the other person in the room. I felt something wet trickle down my face and realised my nose had started to bleed.

I put my head down to my chest, “Please, I didn’t, I swear, I’m just looking for my family, I just want my daddy” I gasped in sobs and could no longer get any words out. Why couldn’t I just tell them who I am. “please listen to me…”

But it was useless. With a spit in my direction Zander walked out the figure following.

Silence filled my ears, only my sobs and the dripping remained.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best wishes, MillaB x