Chapter 13: Word of advice

All too soon it was show time. I walked out, my arms in front of me, almost trying to hide myself. As I followed Lisa timidly the office door opened and the man who had interviewed me stepped out on the phone. He walked over to Alex, the doorman and told him something before hanging up the phone. He turned and smiled as we came round the corner.

"Ah my lovely ladies" He grinned his arms open wide, "Nice job Kat" He smiled looking at my outfit before going to the bar and taking his offered drink.

Lisa turned around and saw me holding my arms in front of me, "You know, if you keep looking like a deer in headlights the punters will take advantage. Don't worry, these guys will look after you so don't be nervous" She smiled gesturing to the barman. The first guy gave me a winking smile while the second gestured a small salute my way. Now I looked at them properly, these guys may not have been as large as the doorman, but they weren't scrawny in any shape or form.

I nodded to Lisa and took a deep calming breath.

"That's it. Right, head up, shoulders back, chest out, tummy in, standing tall and stride!" Lisa commanded like a drill instructor as she pushed my body into shape roughly. She laughed as I pretended to march in soldier fashion to the bar. The guys looked on in amusement.

"So, you think she'll do Nate?" Lisa called over. I looked at her confused as to whom she was speaking.

My new employer frowned slightly, "That's Mr Bianco to you" He huffed slightly.

Lisa laughed leaping over and putting her arms around his back, "Awww, you in a bad mood today?" She giggled in a childish voice.

I watched the exchange with shock and amusement.

One of the barman lent forward, "Don't mind them, she's had a crush on him for ages and he knows it, but they act like brother and sister. We look after each other here, so don't feel nervous" He smiled putting a shot glass on the table and pouring me some strong smelling clear liquid. I'd never really drank alcohol, ever, I always needed to be alert, but as he nudge the glass forward I felt myself tempted. "Go on, it will help with the nerves" He smiled.

I picked it up and downed it in one, then grimaced as the foul tasting liquid burned my throat.

"That's revolting" I moaned pulling a face.

The barman chuckled; "People pay good money for this crap" He smiled wiping the bar where some of the liquid had spilt. "I'm Hal, short for the god awful name Harold that my mother bestowed me with" He smiled, "And that's Timmy over there," He gestured with his thumb.

The other barman looked up scowling, "Tim" He growled, glaring at Hal.

Hal laughed a deep hearty laugh, "He acts macho and grumpy, but he's a teddy bear really. Aren't you ickle Timmy" He grinned which earned him a hard slap across the back of the head with the cloth in Tim's hand.

My new employer groaned, "Guys, try to at least act professional even if you are a bunch of goof balls" He sighed and smiled, "Well yer, so I'm Mr Nathaniel Bianco, my friends call me Nate, but my staff call me Mr Bianco." He glared at each of the others in turn.

"I run things at this club" He smiled to me, "I don't know how much your cousin told you about this place. We try to keep our cliental...upmarket so to speak" He explained. "This isn't a club for your average 'kids on the town'. We have a standard.

I looked at Lisa, down at the clothes I was wearing, and then back to him.

He chuckled, "Hey, I said the cliental are upmarket as in loaded, I didn't say anything about them having good taste" He laughed, "Just keep the drinks flowing and it will be a good night. Most of them bring their own clients here for an enjoyable drink after business dealings. Our favourite type of customers, because they tend to be loose with their wallet after a good deal." He grinned. "Expect good tips, but nothing else." He told me with a serious look on his face, "We don't allow customer relationships, so keep any boyfriends away, and don't do or let a customer do anything inappropriate." He stated.

Mr Bianco looked at his watch, "Right, open in 30 minutes, you have until then to learn the basics. Good luck" He winked at me and then waved to the others as he walked back into his office.

I turned to look at Lisa and let out the breath I didn't realise I'd been holding. The others were carrying on with their jobs.

"Come on then newbie" Lisa grinned at me, taking my hand and pulling me behind the bar. "Right, basically, most people won't come to the bar for drinks themselves" She explained handing me a tray, "Carry it like this" She showed me, holding it flat in one hand and supporting the edge with the other. "You want it high otherwise people knock into it."

She continued to show me how to take orders, give them to the bartenders and when to collect. Having worked in a café I was used to basic serving, only alcohol was going to be different. The guys then helped me run through a quick general list of the drinks on offer, but they gave me a menu and explained that I could use it to help me when service picked up and the music started.

The club was opened, but Lisa explained people generally didn't come in till later as their type of customers were still wining and dining their clients. Instead we chatted about general things.

"I thought this club was owned by the Lentz club chain?" I asked, the thought having been on my mind the whole day.

The barmen stopped and looked at me, everyone's eyes boring into me.

Lisa broke the awkward silence, "They do. The boss isn't here much; this is just one of his many businesses" She smiled, "But, a word of advice. Don't snoop where your nose isn't wanted." She warned.

I felt all confidence I had gained slip away as they all waited for my next move.

Hey guys,

whooooo 5 votes on my last chapter. Would love some comments though so i can see how you like the story so far! so...i devised a plan....wait for it....well, okay its a vote. I'm hoping at least one person might do this. Okay, so on wattpad you can add a cast. I chose Mark Wahlberg as her father Charlie who we haven't met yet. I had a few ideas as to who Kat could be. see link below or in the comments:

http://www.polyvore.com/character_ideas/set?id=120215055

These three are my idea, but i would love to hear your thoughts!

Sorry this is a long A.N. but as 5 people voted for my last chapter i thought it nice to mention them, as (cheesily) those who vote and comment keep me writing!

so thanks to (in no particular order) :

apagimou

niki523

emzkruse1456

shadow9411

OTHBDCOBFTW

I hope you keep reading and enjoying!

Thanks to all the 2,481 readers, 81 votes and 20 comments so far! :)

MillaB x