Ch 6: Mr. Miyagi

My eyes fluttered open slowly. Something smelled really bad. Warm consistency of water trickled down my forhead. I looked to my left. Daniel lay there. I sat up. My head was pounding. I hissed holding the cloth that was on my forhead.

"Good, awake" an old man said sitting there. I sighed.

"What happened?" I hissed once more.

"Dont rember?" He asked. I shook my head. "Trouble with friends" he said.

"Friends?" I said confused. It all came back to me. "Johnny" I mumbled. I sniffed once more. "God, what smells bad".

"Smell bad, heal good" he said. Daniel started to wake up.

"What happened?" He said.

"Johnny happened" I said. He turned to me.

"Eva" he said confused. "You okay". I nodded. "Where'd spider man go?".

"I dont know" I said. The old man kept quiet.

"What you?" we both said.

"No way" daniel said.

"Seriously" I said.

"Why no way" the old man said.

"Why- why because-

"Because old man" he chuckled. " have tea, both you". He handed use a small cup of tea. I drank it, as did daniel and the old man.

"How come you didnt tell me?" Daniel asked the guy.

"Tell you what?" He replied.

"That you knew karate" daniel said.

"Wait you know him?" I asked daniel.

"Yeah" daniel said and looked back at me. "Hes the maintenance guy here".

"Here?" I said.

"Where at my apartment" he said.

"Oh" I said. "That makes sense".

"You never ask" the guy said.

"Where did you learn karate from?" Daniel said.

" from Father" he replied.

"I thought he was a fisher man" daniel said. I got up and scoped around the place as they talked.

"You ever taught anybody" i said and turned around.

"No" the guy said.

"Well would ya?" Daniel said.

"Yeah" I said.

"For what reason?" The old man said.

"So that daniel wont get his ass kicked and I can help him" I said. "It would be badass"

"Karate for defense only" he said. "Fighting always last answer to problem".

"No offense mr. Miyagi but I dont think you understand my problem" daniel sighed.

"Miyagi, understand, problem perfect" he said. His name was miyagi.

"Mr. Miyagi is it?" I said.

"Ay" he said.

"Please" I said. "We need your help, it's the only way they wont bother use, I cant see them treat others the way they do anymore, they're- they're monsters and they like it, they like what they do".

"No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher" he said.

"What?" Daniel said.

"Boys go to karate dojo, karate teacher, teach karate to boys, but bad teacher teach bad karate" he said. "Teacher say , student do".

"Oh great that solves everything for me, I'll just go and straighten it out with the teacher, no problem" daniel said. "Wait a minute would you go with me?".

"No can" mr. Miyagi chuckled. I looked at my watch on my wrist.

"Crap, my moms goona kill me" I said. "Its past 10:00".

"You go to mother" mr. Miyagi said.

"Thank u" I said. "For everything, mr. Miyagi".

"My pleasure" he smiled.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow daniel" I said.

"Okay see ya" he said. I walked out. I walked down the sidewalk.

Once I made it home, I had already noticed my houses lights on. Which meant my mom was awake. I knocked on the door and let out a breath of air. It opened and showed my mom.

"Mom I kn-

"Do you know I almost called the cops" she said.

"I'm sorr-

"What are you holding on your head?" She said. "Are you drunk?"

"No, no" I sighed.

"Than what is wrong with you?" She said.

"Can I at least come in?" I looked up at her.

"Not until you tell explain to me why your almost an hour late,  you can freeze your ass out here" she said.

"I fell- slipped on a puddle of punch and I stayed behind to get an ice pack" I said, hoping she would belive me.

"That better be the damn truth eva" she said. She sighed. "Come in" she widened the door.