Ch 23: New York?

After the tournament things went smooth. Couple months passed by. Kreese still had the dojo. But the boys and Johnny stopped going. They actually stopped doing karate period. They focused more on school then anything. School was going by so fast. That I didnt even realize I and everyone was goona graduate in 4 more days. It was all coming so fast. But the worst thing that happened in all that time, was that I was going away after high school. I had gotten a letter in the mail from a college in New York. I got excepted by them. I cried when I held it in my hands. Not only because I got in, but that I didnt know how to tel johnny. I mean I had dreamed of going to university of New York my whole life. My freaking whole room looked like I already lived there.

I sat there on my bed with my legs crossed. I bit my lip as I looked at the baby blue phone layed on my bed.

"Okay" I breathed out and reached the phone. I dialed his number slowly. It rang.

"Hello?" A voice said.

"Johnny?" I said. He laughed.

"I knew it was you" he said. "What are you doing?".

"U-uh nothing" I said. "Listen I-I have to tell you something".

"What is it?" He said. "Are you breaking up with me?".

"No!" I said fast. "Of course not, it's just I got this letter in the mail yesterday..." I closed my eyes.

"What kind of letter?" He asked.

"University of new york" I said. "It looks like I got excepted"i said as a tear fell down my cheek. He stood silent.

"You applied to new york?" He finally said.

"Yeah" I replied. He sighed. "Johnny I know, your upset but it's good for me- and-and I'll come back and we'll see each other again".

"Oh yeah and how do you know tahts goona work out!" He raised his voice. "Y-you should have told me beforehand" his voice cracked.

"I know" I said as tears streamed even more.

"I said I love you at the tournament and I meant it" he said. "Just please stay".

I bit my lip hard. "I cant" I cried. "I have to do this".

"Eva dont cry" he said. I sniffed.

"I-ill see you tomorrow at school" I said.

"Fine" he said and hung up before I did. I wiped away the tears. Why did I have to be so selfish. I didnt think of him. But i had always wante this. I coudnt say no to a hard to get into college.

~~~~~

Next day at school. Johnny barley talked to me. He just staired and glared at me.

"Johnny please!" I huffed out ad I threw my spoon on the lunch table. "We can work it out".

"You dont know that!" He snapped. Everyone looked at use.

"Stop it!" I said. "Just stop it" I stood up. "You can come with me".

"I'm not as smart as you!" He stood up too. "They wont expect me and you know that".

"They have other colleges!" I said. He slammed his lunch tray on the table.

"Damn it dont you understand!" He said. "Dont you ever understand! I cant leave!". I looked at him. I looked around at everyone who suddenly looked like they where stopped in time. I walked away fast. "Get back here!" He yelled. I walked. He caught up to me.

"And why cant you leave huh!" I said and turned to him.

"I cant leave my mom alone with sid" he said. "I have my mom too". I looked down.

"Its not easy for me either" I said as I touched his arm. "But I'll be in your life for as long as you want me too, and the same goes with you". He looked up at me and hugged me suddenly. I hugged him back too.

Short chapter but, this book will continue, so keep updated guys! 💖