16

"are we really going on a date?" keni yelled loud enough so that winwin could hear her over the sound of the wind rushing past them on the motorcycle.

"i said what i said didn't i?" he yelled back and removed one hand from the handlebars to resecure keni's loosening grip around his waist. 

keni mildly wondered what had happened to the rude and cold winwin that she had previously known.

however, she wasn't dumb enough to complain.

she rested her head on his shoulder, causing the boy to secretly smile under his helmet.

he flashed back to this morning after keni and ayeri had already left the house.

kun approached the sullen boy who was pouting on the couch all by himself, "what is it now sicheng?"

kun set down his tea cup and turned all of his attention on the boy. 

winwin pouted even more, "keni left the house today with ayeri."

kun looked at him weirdly, "so? you can't expect her to just stay in the house all the time with you. i'm surprised neither of you has complained about having to share a room yet."

winwin blinked, "why would i complain?"

kun eyed him before speaking, "you know, i think you started opening up more again ever keni popped up in our lives. it's a good thing."

winwin gestured for kun to continue his point.

"you might not see it but i think you may like keni and she might feel the same way. there's no other explanation for the way you get extremely annoyed when any of the other boys breathe around her."

winwin sighed, "yes. i like her, but i don't know if i've gotten over ayeri."

kun looked at winwin, "then tell her that."

"she probably doesn't like me."

kun rolled his eyes, "she most definitely does. keni isn't good at hiding her feelings. now hurry up because i know for a fact jaehyun thinks she's really hot."

winwin bolted up, "WHAT?"

kun nodded affirmation. 

winwin parked the motorcycle and helped off.

"the mall?" she questioned.

winwin nodded, still holding her hand, "you said you didn't have any clothes."

keni swung their hands back and forth as they walked, "jeez winwin i didn't know you had this side to you."

winwin scratched his neck, "what side?"

keni tiptoed to pat the boy on his head, "a nice and caring side."

winwin blushed and stopped walking. he pulled his hand away from the girl and reached into his pocket. 

he pulled out a dainty silver necklace that had one silver star engraved into the pendant. he leaned over keni and wore the necklace around her neck.

she looked down and touched the piece of jewelry, "what's this?" she asked.

"it was my mother's," winwin said while admiring how perfectly the necklace matched with keni.

"why are you giving it to me?"

making direct eye contact with her, winwin explained softly, "because i think i'll fallen for you keni."

keni paused, heart racing, "oh," was all she managed to get out. 

winwin frowned, "that's it?"

keni blushed crimson, "NO. i mean it's just unexpected. i always thought i would one-sidedly like you till the end of time," she looked away shyly. 

winwin put a finger on her chin and turned her gaze back onto him, "but."

"but?"

"we can't date," winwin said.

keni scrunched her forehead, "what?"

winwin explained himself, "i want to be 100% sure that you are my one and only before anything. i don't want to hurt you."

keni's voice was dangerously quiet, "is it ayeri?"

winwin glanced at her, "yes."

keni sighed, "then i cant accept your feelings. tell me only when you're sure, not when you are wavering. i'll pretend like this conversation didn't happen."

her face brightened despite the situation and she dragged him around the stores to avoid any more awkward staring between them.

the entire day, winwin had the urge to hug the girl and tell her he wanted her but he knew it was unfair for her.

it still didn't stop his eyes from darkening a little when they returned and he noticed jaehyun's overly enthusiastic welcome. 

he watched as jaehyun blatantly flirted with keni.

what he didn't know was that when ayeri walked into the room, keni also noticed how all winwin's attention was instantly consumed by the pretty idol girl.