33

winwin and keni woke up to the sound of keni's phone dinging, an obnoxious sound to hear in the early hours of the day. 

winwin groaned as his eyes fluttered, looking down at the girl in his arms.

his surprised showed as his eyes widened, still not in belief that keni was in his arms. he continued to stare until keni stretched her limbs looking up at him, "why are you staring?"

"i just can't believe you're here with me right now," winwin admitted, alluding to how distant and toxic the two had been to each other for the past couple of months.

"all it took was a genuine apology," keni told him, patting his chest comfortingly.

he turned a light shade of pink as it registered in his brain that his arm was still draped around her waist.

his arm was touching her bare skin, a result of her sweatshirt being raised up in her sleep and he turned even more pink when she looked down to see his arm around her.

he hurried to try and remove it, embaressed, but keni grabbed his arm and held it in place, "don't let go, it's been a while." 

she snuggled against his chest, savoring the moment for as long as she possibly could. it wasn't hard to see that keni was still in love with the boy, no matter what had happened between the two of them. 

he smiled as he stroked her hair. he sat up against the backboard of the bed and pulled her onto his lap. she wrapped her legs around his torso and looked up at him, "can we stay like this all day?" she asked with wide eyes.

he stared at her eyes, seeing stars and chuckled, "i mean, if nothing else comes up, sure," he shrugged as he attempted to place braids in her tangled hair. 

keni picked up her phone, scrolling through the notifications she had received and her stomach internally twisted at the missed calls from lucas. she grimaced as she stared at his name in her phone, deciding to deal with him later.

she leaned against winwin's chest as she scrolled her text messages, her attention landing on a mysterious number that had never contacted her before.

she pressed on it.

127-721-2020

meet me at the cafe by your gang base at 12 today

i've missed you hua keni.

keni frowned. she tugged on the material of winwin's shirt to get his attention, showing him the text. 

winwin narrowed his eyes at the text, "you don't know anyone in seoul, do you?"

keni shook her head, "other than the gang, no."

"do you think its your mom?" winwin asked and keni sat upright.

"i don't want to see her," keni shook her head cutely and pouted.

winwin laughed a little nervously, "i think you should, she might tell you what she's planning. i'll come with you."

keni sighed.

winwin took her hands into his, "keni someone could die again if we don't meet her and try to figure out what's going on inside her hand, do you want that?"

keni intertwined their hands to reassure herself, "no, but only because you're coming with me."

~

an hour later keni was waiting in front of the door for winwin to come down the stairs. it was almost time for the meetup and she jumped up and down anxiously at the prospect of facing her mother face on. 

she didn't even know what to call the woman. the word mother didn't seem to fit, the woman was never there for her and had chucked her away, only re-entering her life now that it was beneficial for her.

keni sighed as she noticed lucas approach her, another problem she needed to figure out. 

"where you going to?" lucas asked awkwardly as he rubbed the back of the neck.

his demeanor told keni that he didn't want to talk about their argument last night. wishing to brush it over too, she answered him with a level voice, attempting at the usual lightness their conversations always held.

except her voice was strained, "meeting my mom."

lucas's eyes grew alert as he scanned keni, "i'll come with you, it'll be dangerous, you might do something-"

"i'm going with her," winwin appeared and slid his arm smoothly around keni's waist. 

keni felt more secure as he stood confidently next to her.

"and you need to stop saying that. keni's a good person you know, have more faith in her," winwin pointed out.

lucas frowned, "i know, i'm just saying."

keni shook her head, tugging on winwin, "come on let's go."

winwin gave lucas one last warning look before following keni out the door.