17

keni and winwin had been avoiding each other for a week now.

although they shared a room and shared a bed, it was amazing how neither of them had said a word to each other after their date at the mall. 

although she had the rest of wayv and sometimes jaehyun to keep her company, she mildly wondered if he was just toying with her.

her and ayeri had gotten extremely close and she felt the girl's pain whenever she talked about winwin.

ayeri had lost her best friend when she fell in love with one of the other boys.

she had even cried to keni, asking why love was such a difficult thing.

keni had told her that she didn't deserve to be punished like this just for loving someone and that winwin was being a tad selfish.

today, keni was home and bored. most of the boys were on a mission and ayeri was at her entertainment company for a training session.

she smiled when jaehyun sat down next to her in the living room.

"why aren't you on a mission like the rest?" she asked.

he smiled at her, showing his cute dimples, "i'm injured," he said, "i got a concussion from fighting a little too hard with johnny."

keni shook her head and laughed. 

they were sitting in a comfortable silence when keni suddenly let out a deep and sad sigh.

jaehyun turned to look at her, "what's wrong baby girl?"

keni rolled her eyes at the pet name, "i don't know. unrequited love?"

jaehyun pretended to be shocked, "i thought you liked me?!"

"never, you aren't winwin."

jaehyun smacked keni on the arm, "but what did winwin do now? i thought he told you he likes you?"

"yeah but he also said he's not over ayeri. i told him that i couldn't accept his feelings," keni sighed, "i mean i did the right thing for myself right? if he's trying to get two girls at the same time, why do i have to put myself in the painful position?"

jaehyun nodded, "no you did the right thing."

"now he won't talk to me at all," keni sniffed.

"winwin has never been the talkative type. give him a few more days. if not then you can always date me!"

it was now keni's turn to smack jaehyun in the arm. 

~

"where's keni," was the first thing that came out of lucas's mouth when the other 20 boys filed in after a long day in the field.

since they were the same age, keni and lucas had grown quite close and often times were inseparable. 

he was the brother that she never had and if she had to pick a favorite it would be him.

jaehyun was still on the couch and he answered, "oh. she went out. i told her to go have some fun and let loose."

kun massaged his forehead, "you WHAT?"

"why? what's wrong? let the girl live," jaehyun asked.

taeyong sighed, "she's a target jaehyun, we can't just have her running around."

jaehyun rolled his eyes, "the girl can fight better than half of you. she needs some space right now because a certain someone fucked up," he glared at winwin. 

meanwhile keni was on her fourth glass of straight vodka at a bar down the street from where the nct house was. 

she had dressed rather provocatively with a leather skirt and a lacy top.

her tall heels proved difficult to move around in but nevertheless, she still made her way to the sad, rich looking boy in the corner of the bar.

"mind if i sit down?" she asked and the boy looked at her and smirked.

he patted his lap and she plopped down, making sure to get comfortable. she felt his wallet in his jeans and eyed the expensive watch on his wrist.

last time she had done this, she landed herself in a predicament with jackson but she threw all caution to the wind.

she almost forced the alcohol into the boys mouth and rubbed his thigh with her hand. he was too busy scanning her chest to notice her slip his wallet out and tuck it in her pants. 

without warning, the boy suddenly gripped her waist tightly and began kissing her neck sloppily. he was getting dangerously close to her chest but she let him. 

as he left love bites on her, she stealthily extracted the watch from his wrist and put it on her own. 

she pushed him off her and spoke directly into his ear, "i'll be back."

satisfied with her loot for the night, keni exited the bar and made her way back to the house, tripping over herself as she was half drunk. 

when she reached the house and opened the door, she was greeted with an angry winwin.

"where the fuck have you been?" he asked, his grip on her wrist leaving red marks. 

she laughed in her drunken state and threw the wallet she had stolen at his face, "i got money!" she exclaimed.

she unlatched the watch from her wrist and threw it at him too, "would you like me more if i was rich and talented like her?" she asked quietly. 

"you're drunk," he picked her up and carried her too their room.

as he settle her on the bed, she said, "you didn't answer my question."

he sighed, "get some rest."

he got up to leave but she held onto his wrist. 

she looked at him sadly, "will you stay with me."

winwin looked at her for a long time before sitting down on the bed next to her, "okay keni."