23

winwin walked by the training room, humming to himself, happy for once. he was meeting keni in a few minutes for a little training session. 

therefore, he was momentarily surprised at the giggles already coming from the training room. he stepped inside, "keni? i thought you were upstairs- oh."

it broke his heart.

the girl that was once what he thought was the love of his love was in the wrestling ring with her boyfriend, except instead of wrestling, they were kissing and laughing together.

he clenched his fist as he watched ayeri and jaemin together. 

it hurt, but not in the way it used to. it no longer made his heart ache at the sight. instead, he felt the anger in his mind as he approached the two.

jaemin stared up at the older boy, "what so you want?"

it was no secret that the close brotherly relationship between jaemin and winwin had been spoiled the moment ayeri fell in love with the younger boy.

winwin spared him no glance, "ayeri. let's talk in private."

ayeri and jaemin looked at each other for awhile, it was almost like they could understand each other without uttering a word.

it annoyed jaemin.

jaemin nodded and left the training room, shouldering winwin in the process.

ayeri stepped out of the ring and sighed, "what do you want sicheng?"

"don't call me that," winwin's eyes were dark and he was stepping closer to the girl as he spoke.

to say that ayeri was alarmed was to say the least, "what are you doing?" as she backed away, only to be met by the wall behind her.

it was unfortunate, really, that winwin was throwing away his relationship with ayeri as her best friend. the more he cut himself off and the more he tried to push his love onto her, the more she would cower away with him. 

that's how they got to where they were now, barely speaking, and ayeri flinching everytime winwin appeared near her when she was alone.

winwin placed his hands on either side of the girl, completely forgetting about keni, who was currently skipping on her way down to the training room.

keni bumped into jaemin, who was storming away, and looked at him oddly, "what's got him in such a bad mood," she muttered under her breath.

she opened the door and immediately held her breath. she closed a little bit, so that she could see inside the room, but so that winwin and ayeri wouldn't notice her.

her heart ached at the position that winwin and ayeri were in and she understood why jaemin had been so annoyed.

just as she was about to step away she heard winwin speak.

"let me kiss you," he told ayeri.

keni's heart was in her throat.

ayeri glared at the boy, "absolutely fucking not. i have a boyfriend winwin, you need to stop."

winwin was desperate as he got closer, "i swear to god. just one kiss. if you still don't love me after this one kiss, i'll give up for real."

ayeri took a deep breath. she really didn't want to break his heart this way, but she didn't really have a whole lot of options left, "winwin. even if we kiss right now that's not going to change anything. i love jaemin with my whole heart and i know you think its unfair because you were the one that introduced me to this gang. to him. but he's my everything and everytime i kiss him, it feels right. i know that i wouldn't get that same feeling with you because i don't love you."

winwin faltered a bit.

keni held her breath, waiting for winwin to reply to ayeri. 

but he didn't.

ayeri went on, "you're holding onto me because you think you love me. truthfully, i think you're just scared. sicheng, you don't love me the same way you used to either so move on."

winwin shook his head violently, "that's not true," his voice broke.

ayeri glanced at keni, who was at the door.

the girls shared a look and ayeri turned back to winwin, only to have him press his lips onto hers forcefully.

ayeri pushed winwin away in shock, "i told you no sicheng!" she half-yelled, scared that keni would be hurt.

winwin turned to see what ayeri was looking at, and his eyes widened.

he opened his mouth to call out to keni, but she had already started running away from the scene. she ran straight into the arms of her best friend and let her tears flow. 

lucas didn't even have to ask what happened as he stroked keni comfortingly on the back. 

"everything will be okay nini," lucas whispered.