26

winwin burst into the leaders' joint office, red in the face and demanding immediate answers. lucas stepped in slowly behind him, continuing his glare for the older boy.

kun swiveled around in his chair, "good to see you back home," he acknowledged.

winwin caught his breath, "where is she going, why was she at the airport, does she know that i came back today."

kun raised an eyebrow at the boy, "one question at a time."

"where is she going?"

it was lucas who answered, "i hardly see why you want to know, its not like you care about her."

kun gave lucas a look, "she's going back to china for a bit."

winwin eyes widened, "by herself? what the fuck! she's going to get herself killed!"

lucas rolled his eyes, "she's more capable than you winwin, she's going to come back to me safe and sound."

winwin paused, "to you..."

kun coughed to get their attention back on track, "you don't need to know her mission, that has nothing to do with you so don't ask. and no, if you didn't tell her then she doesn't know that you came back today," kun's voice softened, "you abandoned her winwin, i don't think you get to have a say in her life anymore. go wash up and take a nap, i'll go make dinner. taeyong won't be back until tomorrow morning so whatever you have to report can wait till then."

lucas exited with winwin as well and was proceeding to his room when winwin placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped him, "has she been well?"

lucas gave the boy a long, searching look, "what do you think?" he spat out before shoving the boy away, slamming his door shut.

~

winwin's mind was restless. for the next three days he was like a zombie. once keni had arrived in china, no one had heard a single thing from her. 

not knowing whether she was alive and well or not was eating him out alive. at least when he was on his mission he knew that she would be safe with lucas constantly by his side. 

winwin shook his head and grabbed the duffel bag that he still hadn't unpacked from his bedside, rushing out of the house.

"where are you going?" lucas asked from his favorite spot to read in the shade of their cherry tree.

"i need to know if she's okay," winwin answered as he waited for the cab he had called.

lucas stood up, "i need to come with you."

winwin gave him a look, "no, fuck you."

lucas laughed at him mockingly, "you won't find her without me, she isn't going to appear for you, i hope you know that. i'm coming whether you like it or not."

~

keni sat up from her bed on the abandoned house that she had been occupying for the past three days. she hadn't left the house at all, trying to shake nct off her tail as she knew that they could tap into the street cams of china to find her.

she stared at the text on her phone from lucas, telling her that he was going to be in china in a matter of hours.

she cursed him out in all the languages she knew, which was pretty impressive since johnny had been teaching her english, ten in thai, and yangyang in german.

of course she would never abandon lucas if he came for her and she rolled her eyes at how smart he was. her plan of cutting off nct in china turned to dusk as she grabbed a hoodie and pulled it over her head. 

she stepped on the gas of her car, praying that lucas wouldn't drag her back to korea with him.