20

after keni seemed to get a bit better, lucas had dragged her out to the playground close to their house. he had been taking care of her all day and had to sit still and stay home.

he was usually an active boy, always running around somewhere to let out all the energy in his tall body so today he was feeling especially jittery.

keni swung on the swings as she watched her best friend run around and go through all the slides at the playground.

it was like watching a little boy play and she smiled softly, admiring how he could be so bright and cheerful even in the mafia environment he lived in.

it wasn't like the rest of the boys weren't as fun to be around as lucas. it just was that he was such a happy pill, always smiley and able to make the best out of every situation.

she had a feeling that he did it not for himself but for the benefit of his other members, especially winwin, who was a complete downer in comparison.

she fiddled with her fingers as she kicked the swing higher into the air. if she was being honest with herself, if she hadn't met winwin first, she probably would end up liking lucas.

but life had other plans for her.

she wasn't even heartbroken everytime winwin picked ayeri over her. but maybe this was because she didn't expect much from him.

ayeri's boyfriend, jaemin, was just to nice to say anything about the situation but it was common knowledge that he was super annoyed with winwin.

noticing that it was awfully quiet and that lucas had stoped making laps around the playground, keni stopped swinging and called out, "lucas? it's not funny come out."

but it was dead silent. 

a man dressed in all red stepped out from the dark and smirked at the vunerable girl. he approached her, something he wouldn't have done if the other nct boys were around.

"hey there beautiful," keni was used to men eyeing her up and down, but this one felt especially sinister. 

"where is he?" she asked and slowly backed away from the man in the process. she cursed at herself for not bringing a weapon, but then again she was still sick and in no condition to fight.

the man laughed, "knocked him out. cold. he should be on his way back to our base by now."

keni clenched her teeth, the man was dumb enough to tell her where they were taking lucas, "well great, splendid. well i'll just bid you a good night and leave now!"

keni wanted to desperately get home and tell taeyong the situation. 

the man had other plans, "you aren't going anywhere."

he closed in on keni, i knife in his hands as he approached the girl, but she was smaller and faster than him. she took a good look at the letters GD stitched onto his red shirt before fleeing into the night.

she was panting and coughing heavily as she slipped through the front door, causing 20 gang members to look at her in alarm.

jaehyun immediately stood up and guided to girl to the couch, scolding her, "why are you out in the cold and running! you're still sick."

keni waved her hands, "that's not important right now, they took lucas."

she took a sip out of the glass of water that doyoung had readily handed to her, "do you guys know anyone or a gang that goes by GD?"

all the boys' eyes darkened at the same time as they glanced at each other.

taeyong cursed under his breath, "g-dragon must have gotten word that ikon isn't doing too well against us."

doyoung tilted his head, "i thought the blackpink girls told us that he was in hiatus?"

taeyong cursed again, "well he's back. i'll contact the girls and make sure that they are okay. if he finds out that they betrayed YG and are allied with us, they'll be dead by tomorrow," he turned to keni, "do you know where they took lucas?"

keni nodded as she felt yangyang place a blanket around her shoulders, "he said their base."

taeyong nodded, "great. keni get well soon. i'm sending you in solo tomorrow."