Chapter 10

It was late into the night when the drops of rain slid down RainbowJacquelin's window. The pitter-patter of the water from the sky was rhythmic, as were the sounds of her Mother's soft snoring in the next room.

She wanted to get out. Last night had felt so good, just to be running around freely, with no one watching, no one judging. To her, it was relaxing hard work.

Unfortunately for her, the rain was an obstacle, and the clouds covered up the moon.

"Dang nammit." She whispered, unintentionally copying her mother. Without running, the thoughts would come back, an when the thoughts came, so did memories and-

"Can I help you?" A hushed, powerful voice asked. Frightened at first, RJ jumped in her bed, only to let out a breath when she put together the face of Princess Luna.

"How...I'm-Im not dreaming. You're not supposed to be here, I'm not asleep!" RJ pinched herself to prove it.

The elegant Princess smiled. "This is a different type of dream young filly." The royal pony started, a slight chuckle in her voice.

"What?! I don't dream about anything..well, anything good at least." She swished her mane in protest.

Princess Luna leaned in, and whispered ever so sweetly;

"You wan't to run don't you? Also quite recently, something else has been on your mind too..." Winking, she pulled back. Before having any chance to respond, magic started up from the alicorn's horn.

RJ looked out the window and saw that the princess of the night was moving the moon past the heavy clouds, so that it shone brightly down onto the fields of her backyard.

"Wow...That's amazing! I can run now! Thanks so much princess Luna!" The filly was excited, she hugged the princess tightly.

"Now, as for that OTHER problem..."

"Problem?" Jacquelin repeated, turning back from the doorway.

"Um...dream." Luna confirmed, and transported out of the room with a flash of light.

~

"Bon Bon, chill out. I think its time we got Harmony into a public school! Time for her to make some friends!" A mint green unicorn suggested, sitting upright on her couch.

Bon bon was pacing around the room, worried. "But Lyra, we agreed, that she would be homeschooled ever since she was just a foal!"

"Don't bring the past up when we need to talk about the future-"

"And EVEN IF I agree to let her go to a public school, where would we even send her? The school year is already half way through!" Bon Bon stated, matter-of-factly.

A knock on the door stopped Lyra from giving a response. She rolled her eyes and opened the door with her hooves-because she preferred it-to see Princess Luna herself.

The tall alicorn strutted in formally as the two mares bowed. "Rise my dear subjects, for I, the princess of night, will declare something you must do."

Standing up, the married couple exchanged confused glances.

"I give orders, for your daughter, Harmony Heartstrings, to attend ponyville school. Any objections to my order shall be noted as disrespect." Giving a sly smile at the end, the dark blue mare finished.

Seeing as Lyra and BonBon were both speachless, she turned to the door. "Goodnight to you both." She slammed the door when she exited.

"Um...Lyra?"

"Yes Bonnie?"

"What just happened?"

~
Deep breaths RJ...

There was a calm, cold breeze that night. Even though her mane was short, the wind was still strong enough to make it dance.

There was a spot, at the edge of the field. Where she would start. Ever since last night, that where she vowed she would.

She stared immediately feeling her hooves stretch as her muscles began to work. The wind through her mane and tail felt amazing, like her mother had said, not nothing as she could describe.

Tonight it was 25 minutes, but dear Celestia, as she expanded her lungs to emgulf for air, she would have sworn longer.

All thoughts dissapeared as the night almost closed, the sun was about to peek up from behind at any moment. RJ didn't worry about the Celestial body for the moment, and feel quickly into sleep.

---------

Sorry that was kinda short and boring?

Someone is playing Cupid here...

hmm...;)