Chapter 21 (The finale)

BEFORE I SAY ANYTHING FURTHER, I DID NOT MEAN FOR THE HIATUS TO BE THIS LONG. IN SPITE OF THAT I HAVE MADE THIS CHAPTER FAIRLY LONGER THAN ALL THE OTHER CHAPTERS TO COMPENSATE.

I'm so sorry for the wait and here is the conclusion to the story <3 I'm actually very emotional and i think the reason I put this off is because i didn't want it to end. If anyone still cares about this story please let me know if you like this ending because i definitely cried writing it.

Here you go!

————

Rainbow watched her wife and daughter have the serious Soarin conversation from the window of their home. She smiled small as the humming of her mother continuing to cook dinner filled her ears. Abruptly, a loud knocking on the front door interrupted the sensation and Rainbow groaned.

Without question, she answered the door revealing Derpy the mailpony.

"I have horrible news R-Rainbow..." She shuddered.

After Applejack has caught up on Rarity's endangerment, she and her daughter rushed into the house. Rainbow looked saddened, she scrunched a small piece of paper in her hoof, holding back tears.

"We have to scoot, now!" The orange workhorse boomed, instructing her wife and daughter out the door.

Night painted ponyville's sky, the stars shining brightly down. It was a clear night and the air was warm.

"Applejack..." Rainbow had started, reaching out a hoof several times to grab her wife's attention. Applejack was too caught up in her panic to notice the first time. "AJ!" She called again.

"What?!" Green eyes met magenta. Rainbow stared at her wife with sympathy. "I just got a telegram from Big Mac..."

AJ lowered her fired up attitude, but still felt anxious.

"That can wait-"

"NO IT CAN'T!"

Rainbow Jacquelin waited with a held breath, feeling her mommy push her and momma out the door.

"What is up with you?" The earth mare lifted her gaze up and away from the Pegasus.

" GRANNY SMITH IS DEAD. "

Then, time seemed to froze. No one moved.

————
Meanwhile, after the small conversation of Fluttershy convincing Rarity she was stronger then she looked, and the unicorn agreeing, they finally made it to the cloud port of Soarin's home.

Rarity, using ball her magical might, threw open the door - straight off its hinges - and stomped inside. Scanning left and right for the male stallion she locked her gaze with him.

"Soarin! Oh, you are absolutely the most DESPICABLE pony I have ever met! Turning friends against eachother, ruining a relationship and breaking several hearts! HOW DARE YOU!?"

Soarin was wide eyed in response, he barely knew what to say. He expected he spell to work and everything would turn out the way he planned without interference. "H-How...?"

"Fluttershy showed me what it means to be a true friend and the value of love!" She growled. "You will never have that Soarin! You're only capable of taking love, not giving it!"

Her face was illuminated blue by her the magic exerting itself from her horn in order for her to walk on the cloudy surface of his home. Her last words looked like they hit him hard; and she had nothing else to say to him.