[34]

He realizes why he needs the luck when he reaches the café and notices Bright has beaten him there and is sat at a table by the window, looking like a fucking god with the way his beautiful hair is styled into a and the way his eyes sparkle.

There is a tiny bit of sunlight breaking through the clouds and it is falling perfectly onto him, highlighting his gorgeous presence as Win makes his way over.

He clears his throat softly when he is in close enough proximity and Bright turns from looking outside to face boy stood in front of him.

"Hi," the older boy says softly, standing up carefully and stepping out from the table.

"Hi."

They stand there for what feels like hours, simply taking each other in. It's only been a year but it feels like a century. Win is the same height as Bright, his hair is very slightly longer and he just seems so much older.

In Win's eyes, Bright hasn't changed. Because how can you improve on perfection? He thinks.

Finally, Win takes the first step forward, gripping the back of the chair in front of him so tight, his knuckles turn white. Bright takes the next step, also holding onto the chair - it's as if they're both trying to avoid wrapping the other into a massive hug. They just hold the chair so tight, believing it is each other they have their hands wrapped around.

Win bites his lip and moves to sit down, noticing Bright mirroring him, until they both stop in their actions and take one final step closer, releasing their chairs and grabbing each other instead.

Win's change in height means Bright's head buries into his neck so perfectly, and as Win tries not to think about how the feeling of Bright's breath on his skin is making him feel very un-platonic, he rubs his hands up and down Bright's back, stopping himself from knotting his fingers into his hair.

"I've missed you so much."

Win may have been imagining things, but he is sure that that was Bright's muffled voice saying those words.

"Brightie," he whimpers, because that is all he can think to say as he concentrates on stopping tears chasing themselves down his cheeks. When he feels a wet spot on his shirt from where Bright's face is nestled, he figures that it does not matter so much.

When they pull apart, Bright gives a watery grin and chuckles weakly, wiping his own eyes before leaning up to do the same for Win.

"I really have missed you. Going through life without your best friend is hard, isn't it?" Bright says, sitting down and gesturing for Win to do the same.

Win now knows why he needed that luck.

That is the thing with falling in love with the best friend. When you break up, it is not just your boyfriend you lose, it is also your best friend you lose.

He's pretty sure he's broken at least two of the rules.

1. Don't hug him when you see him.

2. Don't be obviously disappointed when friend-zoned.

3. Don't let him know you're not over him.

He just has to make sure he doesn't break the last one - unless he already has.

-------

Saint, Zee, Tay, New and Manu are taking up all of the sofas in the living room when Win gets home; they all turn to stare at him when he walks in.

"Well? How did it go?" Tay asks enthusiastically.

Win shrugs. "Okay."

"Okay?" New says, incredulous. "Is that it?"

"I went to meet up and chat with Bright. We met up and chatted. That's all there is to tell," Win replies, sitting on the arm of the sofa next to Tay.

"There's more!" Manu exclaims. "I know my little brother, and I know that there's something he isn't telling us!"

Everyone begins asking what it is, and soon they are guessing all sorts of things - all of which are wrong.

"There's nothing to tell," Win says through gritted teeth, hoping that they'll all just drop it.

------

His friends go home not long after that, and Win is left to face Manu, who certainly hasn't dropped it. Win is in his room with his guitar, strumming out random chords and trying to form a sequence when she walks in, sitting on the bed and watching for a moment before saying something.

"Winnie, you know you can tell me anything, right?"

Win nods, a look of concentration on his face as he adjusts his fingers on the frets.

"Please tell me what happened with Bright."

Win sighs and before he can say anything, Manu adds: "I won't tell anyone, I swear."

Win bites his lip, playing three more chords before leaning the guitar against the wall and turning back to face his sister, who is watching him expectantly.

"Nothing really happened," Win starts, "but now I am regretting it."

"Regretting seeing him? Why?"

"Because..." Win takes a deep breath before looking Manu straight in the eye and saying: "I think I've fallen in love with him all over again."

--------------

well it is not possible to fall in love with Bright so....

anyway what do u thnk wil hpn next?