[05]

During the first year, they have in separate schools, all went well. Win built a strong friendship with Mike, and actually refered to him as his 'best-school-friend'. Bright is with Korn, and also two boys called Tay and New, who he got along with.

Outside of school, Bright and Win saw each other as much as they can, and Win never had a day when he isn't desperate for his best friend's company. Bright felt very much the same, but he's a bit less obvious about it.

When Bright is in grade eight and Win is in grade six, Win starts to notice Bright changing.

Even when they do meet outside of school - which is starting to become less frequent, due to Bright's homework schedule - Bright always has his mobile phone with him, and Win notices that sometimes Bright will pay more attention to that tiny device than he does to his best friend.

"Oh yeah, and Brightie, they picked me to have a solo in the choir! Me! Can you believe it?"

Bright doesn't look up.

"Brightie?"

"Oh, uh, sorry, what was that?" Bright finally says.

"I was just telling you about my solo."

Bright opens his mouth to say something, but his phone buzzes in his palm, so he looks down at the screen and smiles. "That's cool, Win."

Win feels left out for the first time, and so pout forms on his face.

----

"Mum, can I have a mobile phone?"

"And what would you want one of those for, Win?" Anu opens the cupboard under the stairs, pulling out a duster and some furniture polish.

"Brightie has one."

"Brightie's much older than you."

"Only three years and a bit less a month."

"Win, you don't need a mobile phone." Anu sighs, untangling the wires from the Hoover.

"Neither does Brightie, but he has one!"

"Kulap lets Bright have a mobile because he goes to school on his own, and she wants him to have a way of contacting her if he gets into trouble," Anu explains, plugging the Hoover in.

"But he is always talking to his friends on it."

"Well Win, that's what older people do."

"But Muuumm..."

"You can have a phone when you get to secondary school. No earlier."

Any further complaints made by Win are drowned out by the loud sound of the Hoover, so he gives up and retires to his room.

-----------

Hope you liked it :)

A qucik question, are you all okay after watching Ep 1?? Tine practices with Wat's video!! And like Mike and Toptap being a domestic couple?? 

That reminds me!

Always You - A miketoptap fanfiction is already published in my account, go and check it out for an another cute love story ❤