[08]

Year eight passes in a similar manner to the previous school year, except Win, starts to feel like something is constantly coming between him and Bright - and by something, he means someone.

Because Bright is now in year ten, he has only one lesson with Korn, so Korn decides that he wants all of Bright's attention during any time the group has together.

Win struggles to understand, because he has not one lesson with Bright, but still ends up being pushed away as soon as Korn wants to say something.

However, Win tries not to let it bother him, as he doesn't want him and Bright drifting apart again like before, so he makes sure that if they have a day when they didn't speak much at lunchtime, he rings him or starts a text conversation in the evening.

The summer holidays that year are- in Win's opinion - the best ever.

A holiday is organized for Win's family and Bright's family. They have a villa in a tourist place, with a pool outside and a games room in the cellar and loads of bedrooms to play hide and seek in - even though they spend most of the time out in the pool.

Win and Bright share a room, which Win loves - says it's like a sleepover every night.

"Brightie?" Win asks into the darkness of the room one night.

"Mmm?" Bright mumbles.

"Is there room for me in your bed?"

"'Course."

Win swings his legs out of bed and pads across the stone floor to Bright's bedside. Bright pulls back the covers for him, and he climbs in.

"What's up, Winnie?" Bright murmurs into Win's curls.

"Just wanted a cuddle," Win replies, snuggling into Bright' arms.

"Well, you know I'm always up for that." Bright pulls him in tighter and kisses the top of his head.

Then Win knows.

That kiss - which is actually the first time Bright has ever kissed him - makes him realize that he wants to kiss Bright. He wants to kiss Bright more than that girl in fourth grade who he thought he fancied.

Win tilts his head up. "Brightie?"

"Yep?"

"Why'd you break up with Mina?"

When Bright and Mina first broke up, Win didn't ask about it right away, but when he did the first time, Bright gave a very vague response, and Win decided to leave it.

Now, he just wants to know why. He doesn't want to think that it's because he wants to avoid any mistakes she ever made...

"I just didn't like her as much as I like someone else," Bright replies.

"Who?"

"Nah, can't tell ya that."

"But friends don't keep secrets!" Win argues.

"They do when they absolutely need to."

"Well, they shouldn't."

Win rolls over in a huff and faces away from Bright.

"Aw Winnie, I'm sorry."

Win doesn't reply and lays there in silence as Bright keeps trying to get him to talk, resting his head on his shoulder and wrapping his arms around his waist. It isn't long before Bright uses another method.

Bright's hands turn into claws as they dig into Win's ribs, and move down his sides until Win is squirming, trying not to laugh. Bright finally uses his strongest weapon - his fist on Win's shoulder blades.

Win's giggles bounce around the room as he wiggles around. "Stop! Brightie, I surrender!"

"Do you?"

"Yes, yes, just stop!"

Bright pulls his hands away and Win rolls back over to face him.

"That was mean," Win says.

"Had to be done."

Win suddenly gets an idea - revenge. He grins evilly and swings one leg over Bright' body so he's trapped before he's tickling Bright as Bright tickled him.

Bright immediately lets out-loud laughter. "Hey, no fair!" he exclaims.

As Bright tries to move away, Win loses his balance slightly and shuffles around to regain it.

It's then that Bright whines.

It's the softest sound; Win thinks that if the air con was just a bit louder, he would've missed it - but he didn't.

"Brightie? Is everything... okay?" Win now has his hands on either side of Bright's head.

He nods. "I'm fine."

As Win goes to move off of him, he feels it - Bright is hard.

Win swallows and continues to move, trying not to make it seem like he's noticed - he'd hate for it to be awkward between them.

Bright coughs. "Finished tickling me then?"

"I think so," Win replies. "I'll catch you again though, I'm sure."

--------

Who do you think Bright likes?

Hope you like this story ❤