[13]

Zee and Saint are the first to arrive at Bright's house, with an enthusiastic exclamation from the latter.

"Let's get this party started!"

Zee just giggles and hands a card to Bright, giving him his wishes and apologizing in advance for Saint's behavior (he can become a bit of a party animal sometimes).

"Come on Zee, let's dance!" Saint suddenly appears behind him and drags him through to the living room where Bright and Win had pushed the sofas to the edge of the room to make space for a dance floor.

Tay and New arrive next with a big gift bag between them and a card in Tay's hand.  They both exclaim their 'Happy Birthday' and embrace him before handing over their gifts.

"Thanks, guys," Bright smiles. "Snacks are on the table in there, but I don't know how many of them have been demolished by Saint."

As New and Tay walkthrough and Bright goes to follow, Win hesitantly grabs the back of his t-shirt.

"What's up Winnie?" Bright asks as he turns round.

"Do you mind if I give you my present later?"

"Of course, Win. You didn't even have to-"

"Don't start that Brightie. I've got you a present and you will accept it whether you like it or not."

"Fine, fine." Bright shakes his head but Win can see the small smile forming on his face.

----

Raised eyebrows.

Wink.

Grin.

Win looks away, giggling at his stupid best friend. They're sat on opposite ends of the living room, and the others are sat in between, laughing about some story about tigers that Saint is telling.

Win shakes out his hair and looks up again, and Bright immediately catches his eye.

His mouth forms words which Win struggles to understand at first, but he eventually realizes he's begging Win to dance with him – as always.

When Win continues to shake his head and mouth back his disagreement, Bright stands up and walks across to where Win is sat on the window seat.

"How many more times are we going to be in this situation, my dear Win?"

"However many more times it takes before you realize I don't enjoy dancing."

Bright shrugs. "I'm just going to stand here until you give in."

"How do you know I'll give in?"

Another shrug. "You always do."

Only for you.

Win shakes his head indignantly once more. 

Bright widens his eyes and sticks out his bottom lip. Win curses inwardly; Bright may not be the best at 'puppy-dog-eyes', but Win can never go against their will.

Win closes his eyes for longer than what would be classed as a blink. "No, Brightie."

"I'm really getting bored of hearing you say that."

Win opens his eyes to see Bright stood with a hand on his hip, and his facial expression has changed to something more like impatience.

"Come on Winnie, it's the song. The song!"

"Ugh, fine."

"Yay! I win!" Bright grabs Win's hand and pulls him onto his feet, dragging him into the middle of the room.