[30]

When Anu knocks on the door, asking if everything is okay, Bright goes to speak to her so he has chance to explain.

When she sees how much it is affecting both boys, she leaves them to it, explaining that she is taking Manu out to the shops and that Teaman has gone elsewhere.

They are left alone.

Win takes the opportunity to stand up and walk across to Bright – who is still by the door – to whisper in his ear:

"Can this be our 'one day'?"

Bright pauses before responding and Win panics.

Answering by grabbing Win by the hips and walking him across to the bed, Bright pushes him gently down and hovers above him, pressing a line of butterfly kisses from his collarbone, up his neck to his jaw, and across his cheek to the corner of his mouth.

"Bright," Win whines, curving his back upwards like a cat in contentment.

Bright finally kisses him properly, but he keeps it slow and chaste, simply massaging Win's lips with his own. Win pokes his tongue out to run along the seam of Bright's lips, hoping he'll open his mouth. When he doesn't right away, Win makes a noise of indignation and does it more forcefully.

"Win," Bright says, pulling back. "It's not the right time."

"It's never been the right time. Will it ever be, or are you just saying it, so you don't have to sleep with me?" Win argues, clearly feeling hurt from the rejection.

"No, Win..."

"You've just told me that you're bloody leaving – surely this could count as the right time? You know, as a goodbye?"

"I'm not leaving until September," Bright points out, moving off Win and lying beside him.

"Well you chose today to come and tell me that we're practically breaking up!" Win exclaims.

"I never said I was breaking up with you!" Bright shouts back, rolling onto his side as Win does the same.

"Yeah, like you're going to say no to anyone who wants to fuck you because you've got a sixteen-year-old boyfriend waiting at home," Win scoffs.

"Win. I'm not the type of person to go to Uni to sleep around – especially when I already have a boyfriend."

"So, you seriously think we'll be lucky enough to master the art of long distance relationships?" Win says sarcastically, his voice shaking.

Bright shrugs. "Maybe. My mum has insisted that I return every chance I get, so the first gap will only be a few months." He pauses and raises a hand to Win's cheek, running a finger down it gently. "Besides, I couldn't stay away from you for too long."

Win sighs, automatically relaxing into Bright's touch as another tear rolls down his face. The older boy wipes it from his face carefully, and Win gives a watery smile. "So, what are we going to do until September?"

-----

There are only ten more days left of August, and Win plans to spend every possible second with his soon to be distant boyfriend. It's like their first summer they had together as a couple; they go swimming – luckily no one recognizes them - spend a day at the park, visit amusement park again – Win still insists that he's scared so Bright will hold his hand – and of course, Bright takes him out for a few evenings.

The others are just spent at one of their houses, cuddled up in front of the telly watching films, just enjoying each other's presence.

The worst parts are the night times.

After they have said goodbye to one another, Win always goes straight to bed, holding back tears when he finds himself thinking about when he'll have to do it for the last time.

He plans what he will say, he thinks about Bright's reactions and most of all, he imagines what will happen afterwards.

He knows that the idea of the two of them having a long-distance relationship that will last is ridiculous; he knows that Bright will come home for Christmas with a new boy or girl on his arm, announcing that they're getting married next summer.

He can only hope that he is exaggerating.

-----

Win frowns at the date shown beneath the text he has received.

From: Saint

I only just got up :/ what time r we meeting?

Received: 31st August, 10:03 am

Tomorrow, his boyfriend would be leaving to take everything to the US so he could settle in before the term begins. Tomorrow morning will be the last time Win sees him until Christmas.

He shakes his head as if to get rid of the thoughts inside and replies to Saint, telling him that they'll meet at eleven, as that is when Kulap has organized to take Bright out shopping, and the house will be empty.

----

Tay is the first to arrive at Bright's – five minutes early – followed by Zee at eleven o'clock on-the-dot, and New and Saint traipse in at around ten past.

They get to work setting up the house as they had planned, putting banners and balloons everywhere and making space for dancing, as well as filling the table with all sorts of different drinks.

They have to work quickly and efficiently, as they only have a couple of hours until Kulap will be getting home with Bright. Overall, it takes about an hour and a half to set it all up, and when Anu sees that they are finished, she makes lunch for everyone.

About an hour later, they hear the car outside, and everyone quickly jumps into hiding; Win hurries across to the wall by the doorway, next to the light switch.

"Ready?" he stage-whispers, and when everyone has replied, he turns off the lights, leaving the room in darkness.

Moments later, the front door clicks open, and Win can hear the chattering voices of Bright and his sister as they enter the house. Footsteps approach the living room and Win braces himself.

"Why's it so dark?"

Win flicks the light switch and jumps out in front of the doorway as everyone appears from their hiding places, shouting.

"Surprise!"

Bright – who is stood directly in the center of the doorway – jumps slightly, before a massive smile forms on his face and he pulls Win into his side, kissing his temple.

"Is this your doing?" he asks.

Win nods with a sheepish grin on his face.

Bright brings a hand up to his face and presses their lips together briefly before turning to everyone else, his arm still wrapped around the younger boy's waist. "So, you're that desperate to get rid of me then?" he jokes, and everyone laughs.

------

^i personally love the ElleidolxWin collection! He looks good in gucci ❤️