Brown-Eyed Girl

“Cara will you please stop moving,” Angle sighed frustrated and shifted my hair again slightly.

            “I'm sure I look fine Angel, just relax. Remember I’m the one going on the date,” I reminded her. She had been a whirlwind of jitters and micromanagement for the past hour as she helped me get ready for my date with Niall.

            “But you’re going on a date with Niall Horan I mean the Niall Horan. You have to look perfect.” She decided then went back to fixing my brown hair that she had curled to perfection. I had chosen a soft purple dress that was casual enough to just go out to dinner but fancy enough to not make me look like a complete slob.

            “Yes, but believe me, he’s seen me at much worse I don’t think he’ll care if one strand of hair is out of place.” I swatted her hands away and stepped into my white sandals that matched the clutch I was going to bring.

            “Yeah but still, it’s Niall!” She squealed again and finished fixing my already perfect hair.

            “And I’m going to be late for Niall if you don’t let me leave here.” I pointed out and laughed as her mouth dropped into a perfect O.

            “Then what are you doing here talking to me! Get your ass out the door!” She exclaimed and began shoving me out the door.

            “Alright I’m going, I’m going…” I said as I was pushed out the door and right into someone, almost knocking them down. “Ohmigod I’m so sorry…” I let my sentence trail off as I looked up into Josh’s perfect eyes. No not perfect, cheating lying eyes.

            “It’s alright Cara, are you OK?” he asked carefully as I stepped out of his arms that had caught me before I fell.

            “Yeah I'm fine,” I looked down and focused on my newly painted toenails poking out of my white sandals, finding them suddenly insanely interesting.

            “Look Cara, I haven’t had a chance to talk to you since the whole kiss thing with Angel, and I just wanted to say that I’m sorry.” I looked up again into his eyes and felt my eyes begin to water.

            “Josh,” I sighed and looked back down. “I’m going to be late, I can’t talk now.” I tried walking past him but he reached out and grabbed my arm softly.

            “Then come over to my room tomorrow.” He didn’t seem like he was going to let me go until I gave an answer he liked.

            “Fine, but I really do have to go.” He released my arm and I walked away with my head held high. I felt his eyes on me until I turned the corner and I let out a breath I hadn’t realized I had been holding in. I got down to the main lobby and put up a smile for Niall, I didn’t want to let Josh ruin this night for me.

            “Hey gorgeous,” He greeted me with a swift peck on the cheek.

            “So,” I plastered on my smile and pretended the last minute of my life didn’t happen. “Where are we going?”

            “Just a small place I know. I think you’ll love it.” He placed a hand on my lower back and guided me out to what I assumed to be his rental car. It wasn’t anything flashy but was certainly better than the thousands of cabs they had all around the city.

            “What place?” I asked as soon as we pulled out onto the crowded streets.

            “It’s not that far from here,” He answered dodging the question.