Learning to Wink

“Good morning!” Zayn screamed in my ear.

            “Mrrh,” I grabbed a pillow from beside my head and aimed it in his direction.

            “Come on, no need to be grumpy,” he said in a baby voice.

            “It is when someone wakes me up!” I pointed out.

            “True,” he agreed. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I opened them to a different room then I remembered. Oh right, I was at Niall’s. There was no way I was sleeping in the same room as Angel, even if I did forgive her; I was scared that I would stab her or something. I mean I didn’t want to, but who knew what my crazy subconscious would do while I was sleeping. It was unlikely but I didn’t want to take any chances. Plus I got some ‘quality’ time with Niall.

            “Come on, I made you breakfast.” Zayn walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. I rushed around getting ready and emerged to the smell of muffins ten minutes later.

            “Where’s Niall?” I asked casually and sitting down on a bar stool.

            “He had to go out and fix some stuff with our publisher, it’s no big deal. He said he would be home around high noon.” He handed me a plate of blueberry pancakes and a freshly baked cranberry-orange muffin. I bit into it hungrily only to burn my tongue.

            “Ouch,” I yelled and spit out the bite I had taken.

            “Oh yeah, be careful it’s hot.” He said blatantly.

            “Jee thanks,” I said sarcastically.

            “Anytime, now hurry up, there’s a Harry Potter marathon on today and I know you love those movies.”

            “I love those movies!” I yelled. I wolfed down the rest of my breakfast successfully without choking.

            “I know you do!” he yelled back and I laughed.

            “Hurry!”  I dumped my plate in the sink and dragged Zayn by the arm over to the couch. I was pretty cool in the sense that I knew about fashion and current styles, but whenever Harry Potter was brought up I went into full-out geek mode.

            Zayn flipped on the TV and changed the channel to ABC Family. I gasped as soon as I saw what part we were at.

            “No! He’s an evil bitch why do you trust him Harry!?” I screamed at the TV. We were right in the middle of the fourth movie, right when Harry is talking to Professor Moody about his Firebolt. “No,” I shook my head continually as the movie went on.

            “I take it you like this move?” Zayn asked rhetorically.

            “As much as Draco loves apples,” I replied and he gave me a confused look. ‘Do you know how many times he eats an apple in these movies? Honestly I love Drapple; I think they’d make a cute couple.” I joked. Yup, I'm a complete geek and proud of it.

            “Drapple?” he widened his eyes at me and I shrugged.

            “I know, I'm so weird.” I laughed.

            “No, I think it’s cute.” He rested an arm comfortably around my shoulders.

            When we finally got to the maze challenge in the movie I sunk back into the couch. I hid my face in Zayn’s shoulder and felt him tense up.