The Boys... and Paul

“Cara! Cara wake up sweetie, were here,” My dad shuck me slightly.

            “Mph, what time is it?” I grumbled, sitting up in the very uncomfortable plane seat.

            “Just after five in the evening, come on were picking up my clients.” Dad said. We both looked a lot alike, same deep brown hair and eyes, same olive skin tone, same build; athletic and lean. Our only difference was that my facial features took after my mom. She had passed away when I was very young and dad hired someone to look after me and my older sister Tanya when he went away. Dad was a traveling security guard; yeah that job really does exist. He had worked with some of the biggest names when they were just starting out, opening small neighborhood or charity concerts.

            “Who are we getting first?” I asked him and he shrugged. The America tour was one big band from the UK touring around America, meeting up with other big artists for a few shows then moving on. Fun, no it really did seem like fun. I loved music ever since I was six and Dad brought home my first guitar. That was right before things got bad with Mom so I treasured the small six-string. It helped me though a lot of hard times. The first song I learned to play was All You Need is Love, my parent’s wedding song.

            “That boy band I told you about, One Direction.”

            “No way!” I yelled and got many shushes in return, but I didn’t care. “You told me you knew there was a spot open for a new guard, I didn’t know that meant you!” I hugged him in that awkward side-hug way because we were both still sitting.

            “Calm down Cara, I thought I told you already,” the smirk on his face told me otherwise. “Thank you Daddy,” I hugged him again. I wasn’t a complete fan girl but I loved their music. I actually had a few covers of theirs recorded.

            “I love you, Princess.” We talked about the band and his job requirements for the rest of the ride until we landed. We wandered around aimlessly, waiting for the boys to text that they were here.

            “Mr. Peters?” someone said from behind us. I turned to see a big man in a black shirt that resembled the one Dad wore.

            “Yes sir, you must be Paul,” he shook the man’s hand. “And this is my daughter I told you about, Cara.”

            “Ah Cara, yes we’ve all heard so much about you,” he shook my hand and I gulped, intimidated by the brawly man. Sure my dad was beefy like him, but not as much.

            “Thank you sir,” I choked out and he laughed.

            “Well if you’d both come with me, the lads are being held in the VIP area and I'm pretty sure Lou is about to go crazy.” He chuckled to himself and I followed him numbly as he led us through waves of people and luggage. “Lads,” he said when we got to a roped off section behind most of the commotion.

            “Paul!” The boy I remembered to be Niall jumped up and hugged him. “Did you bring me food?” Paul looked to my dad who shook his head.

            “Sorry mate, but I did bring you a girl,” at this all the boys’ heads turned up from whatever they were doing and looked directly at me. I blushed and looked away, knowing I would probably melt if I met one of their gazes.

            “And who’s this?” one of them said which I presumed to be Harry; I don’t know even his voice sounded cheeky.

            “My off-limits daughter,” my dad said sternly but with a glint of humor.