Dangers of Love

“I wanna take you out tonight,” Niall decided after Zayn left. I looked up from where I was still sitting on the couch and saw a slight smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

            “What…” I asked warily.

            “What, can’t a guy take his beautiful girlfriend out on a date?” He said with the same devilish grin.

            “Maybe,” I said and tapped my chin as if I had to debate my answer.

            “Oh come on Cara! That’s not fair,” He made puppy eyes at me so I finally caved in.

            “Fine,” I sighed as if it was a giant burden and his devil-like smile returned. “But no funny business,” I scolded.

            “Me?” He said in mock innocence. “Funny business? Why I’d never!” He gasped and I let out a small giggle.

            “Shut up,” I laughed and rolled my eyes.

            “Oh, is that so?” he asked and walked towards me.

            “Mmm-hum.” I pursed my lips and drew back slightly. He pounded on me and I let out a little squeal before his lips landed on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss and we shifted so that I was sitting on his lap instead of him laying on me.

            “Cara,” He said between kisses.

            “Yes?” I asked and looked into his eyes. He looked and sounded serious, that was before he shook his head.

            “Nothing, never mind.” He kissed me again and the thought moved to the back of my mind. I lived in the moment; and right then, that moment was perfect. Of course all perfect moments have to come to an end and in our case; ours ended with his shirt off and my pants unbuttoned. Damn his phone and whoever was calling him.

            “Hello?” He answered in his cute Irish accent while still breathing pretty heavily. I deiced that I didn’t want the moment to end so I began kissing along his neck and nipping at his earlobes. I could tell I was having an effect on him but had to give him credit for keeping himself under control.

            “Yes sir, she’s right here with me. No she’s fine. Yeah she and Angelina had a little fight last night so she slept over here.” I stopped kissing as I heard my Dad’s angry voice over the phone. I signaled for Niall to give me the phone and he gave it up quickly.

            “Hi Daddy,” I tried using my babyish voice to calm him down.

            “Good God Cara! Did you have any idea how worried we were last night?” he yelled but I could tell he was calming down.

            “I'm sorry, I should have told you,” I looked down at my shirtless boyfriend and felt instantly guilty.

            “Just please tell me you two slept in different beds,” I could almost picture him running his hand through his salt and pepper hair like he did whenever he was anxious.

            “Of course,” I lied. Well what did you expect? I wasn’t going to tell my own father that I had slept in the same bed as my boyfriend, and that was the least of what we did.

            “Good, good… well please just call me next time so I'm not worrying all night, alright?”

            “Yes Daddy,” I felt instantly guilty again that he had been worried about me and I hadn’t even thought about him until now.