*𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

-나는 그들의 것, 그들은 내 꺼야-

it was an eventful night. they had just come off a mission and it was momentous because it was the first one they failed in years. the person they were supposed to capture had gotten away and some people had gotten injured during their mission.

it was cold and dark, there was a calm drizzle, the only light source was the lamp posts and the full moon. it created an eerie feeling with the darkness that enveloped everything.

"that was frustrating," seungcheol spoke, "mingyu messed up this time," myungho said just above a whisper with a heavy sigh, "he should have just pulled the trigger!" seungcheol said through gritted teeth, "can't believe he got away from us" he chuckled bitterly, "how are you going to explain this to the client?" myungho asked him.

seungcheol could feel the frustration growing in him as he thought about it.

they were walking near abandoned buildings, their clothes getting wet from the light rain that was falling and their shoes clicking against the hard ground as they took each step.

seungcheol was the leader of a group of skilled killers. vampires, that's what they were. they became hitmen to get money, not because they enjoyed the work; they believed that leaching off of the innocent and getting money from them was unethical, so they began working for the mafia and many different groups to only kill and hunt down the ones guilty of heinous crimes against the innocent people trying to live their lives.

the people seungcheol led were known as seventeen, there were thirteen of them, all specializing in something different ways of hunting down people. seungcheol was the leader of all of them, jihoon was another leader and so was soonyoung. the other members of the group were yoon jeonghan, hong joshua, moon junhui, jeon wonwoo, lee seokmin, kim mingyu, seo myungho, boo seungkwan, chwe vernon, and lee chan. all thirteen of them make up the elite killing men known throughout the entire mafia world.

"did you hear that?" seungcheol whispered as he stopped in his tracks, "listen," he pointed to his ear. myungho stopped walking and looked around.

there was a crying child somewhere.

"what is that?" seungcheol spoke with annoyance in his voice, "i'm going to check it out," myungho started walking in the direction of the child with caution, "make it quick," he ordered with a scowl on his face.

myungho walked off the sidewalk and went into the tall bushes next to the concrete, walking through the wet plants and eventually reaching a clearing that led to a ditch to where the crying child was.

it was a baby, it looked like a newborn. it was crying at the bottom of the ditch where all the water was falling, the child was in the mud, cold and wet.

myungho was stunned seeing the child in such an inhumane place, "what are you doing here all alone baby," he said as he looked around to see if he saw anybody around before he went into the ditch himself and picked up the baby, his clothes getting soiled in the process.

"here we go," he smiled at the child now in his arms, "i can't do much to warm you up, but i can at least comfort you," he cooed at the crying baby as he rocked it in his arms.

myungho has always loved children, even when he was human, he adored them. children with their wild imaginations and their innocent nature.

"i should get back to seungcheol," he whispered to himself but still stared at the baby.

he slowly walked back to where his older brother was waiting impatiently, myungho had to start walking slower because the baby in his arms had finally calmed down and fell asleep as it cuddle into his chest.