*𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡𝟠

-나는 그들의 것, 그들의 내 꺼야-

i leaned into him, wrapping my arms around him and forcing him to lean down to my height.

i felt his cheek wrinkle into a smile as he leaned down.

"i love you so much," i whispered, a shy smile on my lips. but that smile soon dropped when i saw jungkook walking towards us.

"hey," he said. he was wearing a suit that fitted him perfectly, just the right length at his arms, just the right fit. his entire look wanted to demand obedience, but that look on his face was pained.

i pulled away and held onto myungho's arm. "hey," i said back.

"I was hoping to speak with you."

"yea-yeah," i cleared my throat, my emotions taking hold of me, hoping this would be the moment that he would forgive me. i might be too hopeful.

"alone," jungkook eyed myungho for a moment, urging him to give us a moment in private. myungho let go of the breath he was holding and nodded his head, looking at me for reassurance before heading off to a corner where he could still see us.

i looked around to see if any of them were nearby but was slightly relieved when i saw seungcheol, jeonghan, and almost all of them near a window on the other side of the room.

my hands suddenly became sweaty, fidgeting with them as i tried to bring my gaze back to him. as much as i thought that i wouldn't feel bad about this because i've apologized a million times, i still feel ashamed.

i contradict myself too much.

"tell me what you wanted to say," i faintly whispered.

he looked around the room for a moment, just as i had, and then turned to me. he was clearly nervous, his mind muddled with a thousand thoughts at a time.

"all i wanted to say was that i don't blame you for what happened," he paused, eyeing myungho from across the room, "it was an honest mistake."

my heart felt like it skipped beats. all i've wanted for the last few months since the incident was for him to say this.

"i also want to apologize for never visiting you in paris. i know i said that i would be able to see you from time to time, but i couldn't. the events of the time didn't allow me to see you," his lips thinned into a line.

"kook," i whispered and hesitantly tried to hold his hand, hands that were intertwined with each other in front of him. and i was surprised that he allowed me.

his hands were as cold as always, but they were familiar hands.

"there's no need to apologize," i muttered. "i'll never stop saying sorry anyways."

i allowed myself to smile, still much too hopeful that this would magically fix our relationship, and i knew that. i know i was being naive, but for a moment i just wanted things to be like they were before i left for paris.

before i was forced to say goodbye to him.

"but," he pulled his hand away from mine, "i think it would be best for us to have some space between us," he looked down, too saddened by his own words to find the will to look at me.

"oh."

"i uh- i understand. tha-that's fine," i lied to his face, trying to look away from him but i couldn't will myself.

i should have never opened my mouth back then.

and i watched him walk away, stunned into place.

he's so important to me and knowing that i hurt him is a terrible feeling. i'm shrouded in the darkness of my own mistakes.

"hey," myungho walked up behind me.

"are you okay?" his hand found its way to my shoulder.

"i'm fine," i smiled away the tears that had formed in my eyes. "he just wanted to have a pep talk for a second," i lied.

he looked at me with a face, not sure he believed me, but let it go.

"hey, didn't i say i wanted to be a princess?" i smirked at him. i wanted that look on his face gone, a pity look.

and with that, the scowl he had a moment before disappeared, he took my hand and brought me to the middle of the huge room. he signaled for the band to begin. he took my hand, his other on my waist, leading me through a waltz.

it was magnificent.

we glided over the marble floor. he had swept me up in the music, taking my mind off everything.

it felt as though there was nothing to ever worry about in the world. his eyes charmed it all away. he held the entire galaxy in his eyes.

"thank you," i whispered, smiling at him.

"anything for my princess," he reflected my own expression.

-mingyu's pov-

"she looks beautiful," i turned to wonwoo.

we had been drinking this entire time, celebrating that we took out gong-myung and that we had nothing to worry about. nothing to cause us frown lines. even though they don't apply to us.

but what seungcheol had told us lingered in my mind. seulgi was still out there.

it makes you wonder what she wanted out of us, out of her.

we must make the most of any happiness we are allowed.

millennia we have spent in deep agony and she has caused it to seize.

"myungho's a good man," he leaned his elbows on the bar, turning to look at the scene before us.

"better than you," i chuckled, taking the last sip of my drink.

"you're not wrong."

"why are you agreeing?" i furrowed my brows at him. he held a look of self-pity, disappointed in himself.

"i feel as if i've used her like a blood bag," he looked down at the cup in his hand.

"we had no choice, and it was her decision," i narrowed my eyes at him. "there isn't anything to be ashamed of," i placed my hand on his back, kissing the top of his head, and at that he stood straight and pulled me into a deep kiss.

i'll never get used to the taste he has. how it can drug me at any moment, dulling my senses until i only feel him.

"here? seriously?" i found the strength to pull away from him, concerned at his intentions.

"why not? there's nothing else to do," he held a mischievous grin and dragged me to the elevator, where we eventually found an empty room.

a/n sorry this post is VERY late. i haven't had much time to write and seasonal depression has hit me badly also anxiety isn't on my side these days. hopefully, the next post will be on time.

next post : august 12th, 2023, est 10:10

-like and comment-
-word count : 1151-

ᴠᴀᴍᴘʏʀᴇ || ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें