*𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡𝟚

-나는 그들의 것, 그들의 내 꺼야-

i'm glad that this time i didn't break down and feel like the sky was falling. i'm glad that i learned i could breathe without them.

but knowing that i could see them again was the most enormous relief i've felt in a long time. but also knowing that the situation that has been following us for the last few months is coming to an end, no one is going to hunt us down anymore, no more being chased down the highway, or having to look over my shoulder to see if anyone is following, or wondering if the acquaintances i've met are going to try to kidnap me was a much bigger relief.

it was over, finally.

i can finally live a life. i don't have to hide anymore.

🌷

i packed away the few clothes i've accumulated here and finally took a moment to sit down, to cool down. i looked around the empty room that i shared with vernon. the room that i shared a beautiful night with.

just as the thought crossed my mind vernon walked in.

"are you ready?" he had a bright smile on his face and i reflected it with one of my own.

i was so happy to finally be going back.

"just about," i jumped up from the bed with a yelp of happiness and excitement.

we weren't able to leave as soon as i had hoped but i was still ecstatic to go back. and it just so happened that the day we returned was also wonwoo's birthday.

it was his 695th birthday.

it must be mind-boggling to live so many years. 18 years already feels like so long to me, but it's still nothing compared to how long they've lived.

"alright, angel, let's get going," he patted my head and grabbed my bag.

when we walked into the living room, mingyu, wonwoo, and seungcheol were waiting for us.

"happy birthday," i moved next to wonwoo and kissed his cheek.

🌷

"joshua!"

i screamed at the top of my lungs out of joy. they were all there. all thirteen of them were present and i couldn't be happier.

"there's my sunspot!" he picked up my entire body and spun me around, laughing loudly.

i've cherished this man my entire life but in this moment i have never loved him quite this much. he's the closest thing i have to a father figure. he is the one that has guided me through almost everything in my life. he's basically my father.

i looked behind him and saw chan, standing there with the proudest smile on his face.

"chan!" i ran to him and engulfed him in a hug as well.

they were all here. all thirteen of them.

we all greeted each other with the brightest smiles we could muster.

and we headed back home together.

home.

the place we are staying at is the closest thing i have to a physical home. but no place is quite like the home we had in seoul.

that place is where i spent my most crucial years, where i often found the most comfort.

"seokmin," i turned to him, he was helping me bring up my bags to my room, "are we ever going to live in seoul again?"

he put down the last bag and looked at me, "we can go anywhere you want," he smiled.

"could we?"

i miss seoul greatly. it's the place i spent my most important years, and where i have very fond memories; of them mostly.

it's where my heart is.

i miss being able to go out with them and speak to people in my mother tongue. i miss knowing what to expect when i open the front door. to understand the culture of the people and how to be around them. i miss the sense of familiarity.

"i honestly thought you never wanted to go back there, because of what that girl did to you," i took my place on my nicely set bed and seokmin sat beside me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

i never wanted to admit how much i hated eunjung. i hated her without realizing it. she made me miserable and ashamed. so much so that i didn't even want to ask for help.

"sure, i went through some shit," i looked down at the ground and chuckled, "but i miss the place i grew up. i want to go back."

i grabbed his other hand, offering him a reassuring smile.

"ok, i understand."

🌷

within the week we were on our way to seoul. joshua had mentioned that they also longed to go back to seoul; it's the place where many of them were born and grew up. i understood the feeling of wanting to be home very much. but i have never felt it quite this much.

you sometimes don't realize what you have until you get away from it.

i was just delighted to be back with them. i never got to ask them what they did, but i could imagine it, a little too well. it might seem ignorant but i wish to never truly know what they had to do.

i can only hope that life will go back to being quiet and peaceful as it was in my young childhood.

i told them that i wanted to go to seoul national university. it's a good school, and it offers very good programs and courses.

🌷

the moment i saw the house on the horizon, i felt butterflies form in my stomach. it felt like i was seeing it for the first time again. i know that house well, it's the place i learned to walk, to talk.

but seeing it once again is like i've never seen it before. the gaps in my memories about what the house truly looked like were filled in.

"it's been too long," i looked up from the front door to admire the beautiful architecture.

the building doesn't fit in with south korean architecture at all. it's more of a western building.

i wonder why.

the walls were built of white stone and it had large windows, the roof making it almost look like a castle as it had parts that looked like a battlement; that part was flat and had walls protecting people from falling.

as i walked in i watched as all of them walked to their respective rooms, only myungho stuck behind to see that i was also going.

"let's go to your room," he smiled, taking my hand and guiding me back.

the nostalgia i felt as i looked at everything. the marks that were on the door frame to the library were still there, measuring my growth every year. the same pictures were still on the wall, pictures that didn't have their faces in it but if you know them you would know it was them.

i missed this place so much.

"i'm really glad you're back," he placed his hand over my shoulder as we walked.

"i missed you all so much," i smiled fondly at him, "i'm sorry we don't get to spend more time together though."

even though i live with him, i never seem to find enough time to spend with him. i'm always drawn away to do something else without realizing it.

i think we've had a total of three conversations since i've been back.

"i'm sorry about that too. so i was thinking," he paused as we stopped and my bedroom door, "why don't we go on a date?

next post: august 17th, 10:10 pm est

-like and comment-
-word count : 1278-