Part 53

Nicole

Mr. Lee, I mean, Jin and I exchanged numbers last night. He called this morning to let me know he was outside. I decided, since there was a possibility that'd I'd be riding with him to the charity event as well, that I might as well already be dressed.

Walking down to his car, I wondered if he would be dressed for the event or not. Jin was searching through the trunk of his car for something by the time I reached it.

"How do I look?"

He turned his head towards me, then upon attempting to stand up straight he thrashed his head against the trunk's door. Jin held his head and silently writhed in pain.

"That bad, huh?" I joked.

He regained his composure, "No, you look... good. Let's go." Jin sighed, closing the trunk.

"What were you looking for?"

"I just wanted to check and see if I left a spare tux in the back. I didn't think to bring one with me," he turned to eye me. "Or dress ahead like you did."

"Why did you think you'd have a tux in your trunk?" I almost laughed.

"I sometimes leave spare suits in the trunk, just in case."

"Sounds like you." I said, settling into the passenger seat.

Jin started the car and pulled off. "Oh, so you suppose you know me, do you?"

I smirked, "Well, I can't say that any of your actions are unpredictable, so yes. I'd say I've got a pretty good feel on your character." I lied.

There had been plenty of times that I'd seen Jin seemingly step out of character and do things I wouldn't have expected. Of course... that was only when Jasmine came around.

Jin scoffed in response, but didn't argue.

We arrived at 8, and Roy, Jin's mechanic was already waiting inside his small office building, coffee in hand. He quickly put down his coffee once we walked inside. He hugged Jin upon standing up.

So they're friends.

"Jin you're becoming more of a success everytime I see you. You know a man's reached the top of his game when he's got a beautiful woman by his side."

"Roy." Jin stopped him. "She's my employee. She happened to have some car issues as I was leaving work yesterday."

I introduced myself to Roy and he did the same.

"Did you take a look at the car?" Jin asked.

"I did. As it turns it she will have to replace her fuel filter. But these brakes are rusty, and these tires need to be rotated and aligned."

"How much will you charge to replace the fuel filter?" I asked.

"For you," Roy thought. "I'll only charge $50, and that's including parts and labor."

"And everything else you mentioned?"

Roy looked at Jin, before turning back to me. "A complete brake repair - one that includes pad, rotor and caliper replacement - typically averages between $300 and $800. For you, I'll do it for $250. The wheel alignment'll be $125 and the tire rotation, $25."

"Yeah, I'll just get the fuel filter replaced for now. Thanks though." I said pulling out my wallet and handing Roy my card.

"Gotcha." Roy said as he seated himself behind an old computer.

Once Roy was finished with my debit card, I headed to the restrooms. Since I'd been so busy getting ready this morning, I'd no time to pay much attention to my bladder.