Part 12

Everything was black and white. It was like he was living in an old movie. He could see her again. He could feel her head against his shoulder. He remembered this, it was one of his fondest memories. She was sleeping soundly, comforted by his presence. There in his old apartment. Hugh had thrown another party. They were taking shelter from the loud environment and she'd fallen asleep next to him. The black and white tint on his vision quickly began to fade into color. It was as if time jumped. Her head, that had just seconds before been placed sweetly on his shoulder, was launching itself towards him, her lips forcefully trying to latch onto his.

"Get off me!" he screamed, throwing her aside as he tried to escape her attempts. Now it was as if he was watching a movie. Hearing his own voice coming from his own mouth, but watching from the sidelines.

"Get away from me!" he screamed harshly. "And never appear in front of me again!"

"Jin! Listen to me! It's because you're like this that I did it! You won't even look at me, how can I live with that?!"

"You're right." Jin Dong said, mouth twitching. "I can't look at you and I don't want to touch you, I don't want to kiss you. Does he even want you now?! Will he take care of you when you get sick? Will he be there for your check-ups? I just... I can't believe you." he said, squaring his jaw. There was a dead silence.

"Please go."

The next thing he knew, the ground elapsed under her and a pool of water formed. And she fell deeper and deeper, into the abyss.

"JASMINE!" he screamed.

"Hey! Wake up!" A shaking of his shoulders and the smooth voice that pulled him out, came from none other than the new intern that he'd spent more than enough time with recently.

His eyes were still confused. His breathing, heavy.

"I'm sorry." he said, sitting up quickly, and gently brushing her hands from his shoulders.

"Are you okay?"

"Did you hear me from outside the office?" Jin asked, concerned.

"No, I just came to bring the folders from the Epidemiology Department. Mr. Nahm asked me to deliver them to you."

"Don't you knock?!" Jin asked, frustrated with himself and the fact that now, she knew he was a lunatic, a psychotic nut.

"I did." Nicole returned.

"Where is my secretary?"

"I don't know, out."

He shook his head. "You may leave now."

She scoffed, but as Nicole closed the door behind her, Jin laid his back against his black leather swivel chair, once again, and shut his eyes tightly, messaging his temples in an attempt to relieve his oncoming headache.