Part 45

"So, why do you care who she is?" Jin asked, following the explanation on Nicole's take of the events. "Have you really moved on or are you just pretending?"

"I have moved on!" Nicole said, looking around to make sure she wasn't too loud. "And, I don't care who she is... I was just wondering."

Trying to communicate here was a bit difficult; and their main spectator, Nicole's mom, Dorothy. She was conversing and catching up with family, but also perking up her ears to hear what Jin and Nicole were saying.

Tony sat at the table with the rest of the groomsmen, laughing, talking, and not realizing that his child had been screaming just a few seconds ago. The woman who'd had Abigail at the beginning of the ceremony had taken her back from Nicole's hold with a weak, "Thanks." And moved on to the reception venue. Now she'd been conveniently placed down the table from Nicole and Jin, with Abigail fidgeting and hollering in her lap. Embarrassed, she took Abigail inside.

"You still have feelings for him don't you?" Jin asked, careful not to alert nearby ears.

"What?!" Nicole hissed.

"I mean honestly. You-" Nicole pressed a finger to his mouth before he could say anymore. 

Not. Here. She mouthed.

Jin raised an eyebrow.

Have feelings for Tony? Me? He's the one who hasn't gotten over his ex.

Soon the toasts began. Sweet memories and moving well-wishes were shared by those closest to Andre and Eva. Then it was Tony's turn. He stood up. Glass in hand and said, 

"Andre, you've really hit the jackpot with this one man. You don't know how happy it makes me to see you like this. You told me once that you like who you are when you're with Eva. But man, I have to tell you I like who you are with her a whole lot better too." The guests began to laugh. "But really, I see you with her and I know, I know that what you guys have is true love."

Tony's eyes met Nicole's, and pointedly he said, "I know what it is to be in love. To truly have your heart and soul connected with somebody and to know that you want that for the rest of your lives." Then he turned back to Andre. "And that's what you've got man. Congratulations." he finished, sipping from his glass of champagne.

Jin turned to Nicole. "Well, that was subtle." he teased with a smirk. Nicole gave him a hard nudge in the arm. Tony was still looking at her. She had to look away. If she didn't, she would be sucked right in. In to him, in to his charms, in to those mocha swirled eyes. No.

She had to resist, besides wasn't he only looking at her because his date was nowhere in sight? She peeked at him through the corner of her eye. Sure enough, he was sat back in his chair sipping slowly on his champagne with his eyes focused solely on her. Why would he still be looking at her? Hadn't he moved on? Well, so had she. At least that's what she wanted Tony to believe. 

Slyly, being careful not to alarm Jin, she snaked her arm over his shoulders and leaned her head down on the one closest to her. She was expecting an automatic reaction, an instinctive shove to get her off of him. But there was nothing. He didn't move, didn't even seem fazed by it.