PRINCE

"BABY where is the outfit?" I ask towelling my body dry as I exit the bathroom with just my boxers brief.

  "She had to quickly attend to something, she would be right back." Replies Chris.

  "What could be so urgent she didn't wait for me to finish bathing first?" I ask him seeing my well laid out attire that makes me smile.

  "A guy could get used to this type of treatment. She treats you like the King." Whispers Chris moving to inspect the clothes.

  "Its why I'm going to try to treat her like a Queen cause she deserves it also." I reply him sliding on the jeans. It was a little loose around my waist so I look for my discarded jeans so I could use the belt. I check the topmost drawer and find a brand new wrapped leather belt from M.E fashions and smile. She must have forgotten to add that to the clothes. I extract it and use it to hold my jeans sagging it a little that its really not noticeable. I put on the polo. After fastening the sneaker I stand in front of the mirror and stare in amazement at my reflection. I truly have changed a great deal. I might not be where I'm getting to but I'm miles away from where I'm coming from.

  "Are you guys ready yet?" Asks Mystique stepping into the room and stopping in her tracks. "You look real good!" She exclaims smiling with pride. I look at her through the mirror hoping my eyes can express how grateful I am right now because my body can't.

  "Should I let you guys have the room? Because you both look like you want to rip the clothes off each other." Asks Chris smirking.

  "Yes!" I respond at the same time Mystique says "No! Please don't. We have to leave anyway."

  If looks could kill right now I would kill this fucker Chris. This was the best moment for him to make himself scarce. I was so going to cockblock him later.

  With annoyance I pick up my jacket and carefully put it on deciding to leave it open instead of zipping it.

  "Don't look like that Prince. You had her earlier and can have her later. No need to be frowning on your day." Says Chris making Mystique laugh. She slides her phone into a red purse with straps for crossing and then slips on a really red and sexy fuck me high heeled shoe.

  "You naked wearing  that shoe would have been the perfect birthday gift right now. But you had to go ruin it by bringing  Chris around as a supervisor." I say whistling and making the both of them laugh.

  "What's up with boys and whistling?" She asks shaking her head and walking out of the room leaving us to follow her.

  I close the door and pocket the keycard. We all pile into her car and she drives. Chris texts around on his phone and then smiles. I see him exchange a look with mystique on the mirror and she smiles too.

  "I just hope you are not planning to be a third wheel today Chris because I just might have to wring your neck."

  "Stop being rude and violent. You have an axe to grind then grind it with me because I invited him over." Says Mystique defending him making me groan and him laugh.

  "You know I can't get mad at you baby. I need to channel my frustration somewhere else." I inform her on a groan and watch a smile light up her face.

  "Pussy whipped moherfucker!" Sneezes Chris making everybody laugh.

  We have a cheerful breakfast at a restaurant. There was no rush so we took our time swapping stories of our childhood then snapped a lot of pictures. Its a quarter to one by the time we leave the restaurant for the dorm. As usual the place is bubbling like every Saturday. The speakers are loud and blasting out good niaja jambs that we each vibe to as we walk into common room where the commotion is coming from.

  "There he is. The birthday boy!" Says Alex one of the guy from the room besides ours, making everybody cheer. I look behind me and couldn't find Mystique, as I turn to go look for her I'm surrounded by friends and dorm mates who wanted to personally wish me a happy belated birthday.

  Time goes by and still no sign of Mystique. I know she is scarse intentionally. Different people approach me for pictures with me. We do a lot of group pictures and still no sign of her.

  "Where the fuck is she?" I ask Chris.

  "She didn't want to be here, so she stepped outside." He answers me trying to run away.

  "Tell her I want her here by my side. She doesn't have a choice." I inform him authoratively.

  "I don't know where she is Prince." He says sincerely.

  "Then call her." I inform him passing him my phone and unlocking it with my fingerprint.

  I really don't care where she is or what she is doing. I needed her here by myself. I didn't like the way the girls were trying to cozy up to me right now. Most of the faces here I didn't even know. I'm grateful they are here but I would have liked it better if she was here and the only female touching me right now.

  Drinks and food where handed out and people were dancing showcasing their skills and I just stand there praying she shoves her sturborness for now and come here.

  "She's coming. Its too crowded and rowdy here and she's putting on a white attire. She's being careful of her clothes. We have somewhere to be at later and she needs to be presentable." Says Chris.

  As he explains the situation a cake is rolled in making everybody holler. Its obvious most of these niggas where high even before the drinks were passed around.

  Some girls walk up to me and inform me that as the birthday boy it was my responsibility to cut the cake. On hearing it the crowd starts echoing that I cut the cake. Seeing the panic on my face Chris steps up for me.

  "Pretty ladies! It would be best if you give my nigga some space. He will cut the cake but he needs to look for his princess to do that. He needs room to look for her." He screams making everybody agree.

  The girls are giving me goggy eyes mouthing that I should pick them. I look around the room for my princess and see her standing by herself in a corner. I smile and Chris clears a path for her to get to me. She doesn't like the attention it written over her face. She shouldn't have thrown a party in the middle of the day and not expect to be by my side.

  The girls hiss while the boys were full of hooting, whistling and vulgar chants when I walk up to her and place a kiss on her forehead.

  Together we cut the cake and have our pictures snapped. After getting a piece of my cake the three of us return to our room and shut the door securely. We have to wait till six to be where we have to be so we decide to lounge around and watch some movies. I give her my T-shirt to change into thankful that we are floors away from the common room right now.

  Chris gets a female visitor making me happy he had his own woman to deal with and concentrate on. I wear lounge pant and singlet and sit on my bed with my back resting on the bed frame then settle mystique between my legs. The first movie we watch is 'otherhood'. I wrap my arms around my sugar and place kisses on her neck staying away from her face as she didn't want to ruin her makeup.

  That evening the four of us go to an exclusive club where we celebrate the birthday on a low key. Around 11pm we call it a night drop Chris and his companion at the dorm then go to the hotel where I get my final birthday present of slow, mind blowing love making to end the day.