PRINCE

Mum has gone all out and prepared owoh soup and starch. As the guest of honor she was kinda given the best share. She notices it and says nothing about it. I don't let on that I had tipped Mumsy about her love for meat and fish.

  "The food is absolutely delicious ma." Says Mystique smiling at my mum.

  "Then I expect you'll finish your food!" Mum informs her.

  "Of course I'm going to eat every bite especially considering I skipped lunch." Says Mystique still smiling.

  "Why did you skip lunch?" I ask from opposite her.

  "Was busy and lost track of time." She replies being sketchy as usual.

  "So what exactly do you do?" Asks Deke appearing polite.

  "Anything that catches my fancy." She replies.

  "So you wouldn't be adverse to taking risks?" Deke asks.

  "I take risks all day. It's a risk getting out of bed in the morning. Besides you can't do business if you don't take risks." She replies.

  "I'm constantly telling my family that no risks no reward. But they don't seem to believe that." He tells her.

  "Depends on the kind of risks. There was one time I got real stupid, took my school fees and a friend and we decided to go to a bet9ja shop and try to double or triple the money through gambling. Long story short I lost every penny and came home crying. That day I learnt not every risks leads to a reward. Some risks are not worth taking." She says shocking us.

  "So you gamble too?" Asks Deke obviously pleased.

  "Nah! I gambled. Its a very long ago past tense that I would not ever like to try." She replies.

  "So whats the most profitable business you have going for you?" Asks Deke.

  "My farm." She replies nonchalantly with a shoulder shrug.

  Hahahahahahah he starts laughing while I just stare at him like he's postal.

  "You have a farm?" Asks my mum.

  "Yes!" She responds.

  "What kind of farm?" She asks.

  "Crop and animal farm. We grow all year round tomatoes and pepper which we process into paste and export. Then we raise animals like goats, pigs, cows, chickens and turkeys. My vision is to package as frozen food but its going to take a lot of time so for now we are selling a very limited number of the animals for consumption." She enlightens us.

  My mum look at her funny then smiles in approval.

  "Considering you don't stay in one place how do you run the poultry?" She asks curious.

  "My youngest sister is an agriculturist so she is the brain behind the venture. Plus there is a multitude of managers and staff."

  "Online I saw you a lot of time on a private jet. Is it yours?" Asks Jane.

  "I wish it was mine. It belongs to a friend and he let's me use it when I'm in a tight situation." She informs her.

  "Its still expensive to fly that way. I've heard aviation fuel can be very expensive." I say.

  "Yes it is. Which is why whenever I have to use the jet I don't use it alone. Bout four or five of us share the cost making it cheaper." She replies.

  "Then its safe to say you live larvishly." Says Deke.

  "Depends on the definition. Yes I've been privileged to do somethings I thought I could only dream of and frankly there is a joy that comes from achieving milestones. But at the end of the day its the simple things that really makes one happy." She tells him trying to avoid any more question from him.

  After that there is a lull in conversation and we enjoy our food in peace,thoroughly relishing every bite.

  "Do you know how to cook?" Asks my mum.

  "I try." She replies trying to be modest.

  "She's good. She went to culinary school. She's just trying to be decent and not brag." I say winking at her.

  "Culinary school! That's interesting." Praises my mum.

  She laughs at her reply.

  "I learnt it as a social responsibility. Always had a dream of owning my own restaurant. Also as a way to give back to the community once in a while we teach young girls so they can establish themselves." She says.

  "Did you open the restaurant?" Asks Jane.

  "Yes I did. Its actually in Asaba here." She informsus with a smile.

  "Now I'm curious. Where is it? I might have eaten there." Says Jane.

  "That's not possible. You wouldn't be able to afford the food that would be served at that restaurant." Says Deke confidently.

"Quite the opposite!" She says butting in. "The only reason I'm in business is to make the services I render affordable by everybody. A plate of food with a piece of chicken plus a can of cola actually cost 600 naira. We didn't have to reduce the quality and even have an increased quantity. Food Land is real affordable if I do say so." She defends.

  "Wait! You own Food Land! I eat there all the time." Says Jane glad.

  "Then we'll get you vouchers so you don't have to pay for meals there again. After all there should be perks when you know the owner." She says to her with a smile.

  "Hope it wouldn't be an inconvenience?" Asks my mum.

  "Far from it. The real essence of Food Land is to provide as much for people who wants it. Back in the days I was so broke that I couldn't afford a meal. There was this woman who sold cooked beans and different things you could eat it with. She knew I was broke and hungry so every evening I got a free pass to eat from her. She would also give me some to take home. The day I wouldn't come for food she would call to make sure I was okay. I was not the only one that she gave food to for free, we were about ten. She wasn't rich and despite her struggles financially she still gave. Because of her deeds the idea of Food Land was born. When I'm through with my latest project the plan is to open as many branches in as many places as possible." She says.

  "Don't you think involving in too many business will be too stressful?" Ask my mum concerned.

  "Yes it is. I'm selling off some of the businesses and properties. But the farm, restaurant, laboratories and writing are the only things I want to hold on to. They've been a passion so I'm not letting them go."