PRINCE

Its past four in the evening and still no word from Mystique. I know I shouldn't be bothered because its not the first time she is letting me down over and over again but this time she told me she was on her way and was actually driving down. She had my hopes up and I just hope she doesn't plan on shattering it like she has repeatedly done.

  "You've repeatedly checked your phone a million times now, why don't you just call her or better still forget about this girl. You've been dating her for over a year and she hasn't bothered to see you not even for a minute. What kind of love is that if she doesn't even want to get to know the guy behind the chats. You are handsome and girls are dying to be with you but you are so hooked on a girl you met online that life is passing you by." Says Jamil looking pissed off.

  "I get what you are saying Jam but I'm just too hooked to this girl. I might not have seen her yet but she gets me like no one else. She has done things for me that no one has done before. She has shown me what it feels like to be loved and cared for. She isn't like the other girls that are trooping around me, she doesn't have an ulterior motive. She wants me to be better." I try explaining to him even though I know fully well that he wouldn't get it. No one gets it.

  "She makes you feel loved and cared for and you think she is the only one that can do that? You haven't given anyone else a chance to love you like you've given her. So wha if once in a whileshe gifts you something expensive and pays some bills for you? That doesn't mean she cares it just means she can afford it." Replies Jamil trying to trivialize what Mystique has done for me.

  "Just forget bout it dude, don't stump on something you don't understand. I know a lot of peeps that have money and still don't do nice things for others. I have uncles that are wealthy and they couldn't meet us at our point of need no matter how hard we pleaded. I believe her when she told me she was on her way. I should just call her." I inform him excusing myself to walk a little distance to dial her number.

After two rings she picks up and I notice the place is very quiet.

Me: "Baby are you still coming?"
Mystique: Laughs "Of course"
Me: "Where are you now?"
Mystique: "Asaba"
Me: "When did you get in?"
Mystique: "Bout three hours. I've been busy with work but I'm currently headed in your direction. Just hope I can locate the place alright."
Me: Smiling "Ask for directions and you can't get lost."
Mystique: Laughs "I've heard you. Your call is distracting and I need to focus. Should be with you in five."
Me: "Okay! Love you to pieces boo"

She responds and I end the call with a very big smile on my face.

  "You are smiling like the cat that got the cream." Says Jamil looking at me strangely.

  "She is on her way here as we speak." I tell him.

  "Unlike you, I will believe that when she gets here." He informs me.

  "That's your own problem not mine. Now that she is on her way I'm more bothered about how she would take me. What if she doesn't like me? What if she doesn't want me? What if she gets mad at the fact that I'm not financially bouyant? What if I'm not as cute as she thought? What would happen if she shows up and hates me? A lot of uncertainty are just swimming in my head right now. I don't even know how to feel anymore. I'm happy about her coming and at the same time I'm scared she wouldn't return my feelings." I say feeling weak all of a sudden and reaching for a seat before my legs gives out on me.

  "Don't even say those things and you better stop thinking it. You've always been honest to her about your ambition and your status. She didn't stop talking to you when she found out about you and there is no way she would now. She came all the way here to see you, that should say a lot about her feelings for you. So stop being doubtful and get your confidence back. She might be older and has more money than you but that doesn't mean you are not a great person. If she doesn't see that then that's her loss not yours."

  His words are a real boost to my ego and I cheer up a little though still doubtful.

  "Mehn don't tell me that she's the owner of that real clean and fancy ride? That car is sure slowing down and looking for where to park obviously." Says Jamil making me look in the direction of the real flashy red Range Rover.

If she is the one then she was either trying to hide her car from me or she really wanted to ask for directions on foot. I remain speechless and watch the car being maneuvered into park and the ignition being turned off. The driver side of the car opens and a female leg alights first encased in a very simple but elegant high heel sandals. The leg is accompanied by its second and finally a very sexy looking figure eight lady emerges from the car. She is putting on a midi length gown made of denim. She closes the door and presses the key fob then pockets the keys in one of the dress pockets. Before she turns around I already know in my heart that she was the one.

  "She's the one." I say to Jamil as she turns and graces us with a very beautiful front view.

  "Boy is she a beauty! No wonder she has you jumping loops and she is obviously rich too. My guy you just caught yourself one of the finest pieces of Gods creation and if she loves you like she claims your days of poverty just ended too." He says to me whooping.

  "Its time you left. I don't want her to meet you here." I inform him still transfixed at the beauty making her way towards me.
  I don't bother looking to make sure that Jamil really left I just put on a smile and watch her walk up to me. I know when she notices me because her face lights up in a smile. A smile that makes her more beautiful than she first appeared.

  She hurries to me while I stand rooted to my spot in both admiration and shocked. She really was far out of my league and I was not too proud to admit it.

  She flies into my arm when she reaches a safe distance and I have no choice than to reach out for her before she falls to the ground.

  "Talk about a leap of faith!" I exclaim laughing and reaching to kiss her lips.

She responds to the kiss and I feel her laughter in it. She obviously doesn't care that we are outside in public and could be attracting attention, she just kisses me like water in the desert.